Chapter 1

In a dark room is where this story starts. In the corner of the room was a king-size bed. The bed was made out of dark wood, and it had a black cantapy around it. The walls were painted a dark blood red, and they had black brick trim. The floors were a dark wood as well. There was a balcony going out from one of the walls, no door though, just a curtain covering it. There was a small sitting area in the other corner of the room. In the middle of the room sat a small round table with a chess board on it.
     Lucian, one of the prince's of hell, sat at one side of the table. He had just won the chess match. "Checkmate, Damian! As usual, I win." Lucian was about 5'4 with blond, fluffy hair and purple eyes. He had pale skin and curled black horns coming out of his skin on the side of his head. He had a black button-up shirt on with a dark red corset around his waist and black dress pants to go with it. He also had gold dangle earrings that had purple gems in them.
       Damian sat on the other side of the table. He grumbled when he had lost. He had dark brown, short, curly/fluffy hair that was kinda styled. He was 6'4 "in height. He had a tattoo of a rose on his neck and Hazel eyes. He was in a sort of black suit that had unnoticeable armored spots. He was assumingly human and had been working as Lucians body guard for about 2 months now, and it was a 24/7 job. He had to stay with the prince at night as well and slept on the couch in his room. Though he did get fed for free, he is given at least one day off a month.
     "What? Aren't you gonna say anything, little human?" Lucian chuckled as he looked at Damian.
     Damian grumbled as he got up from his seat. "This is stupid. Playing these games with you is not my job."
       "You're just upset that you keep losing to me." Lucian replied to him with a grin on his face.
       "Shut up." Damian huffed as he walked over to the couch and sat down.
    Lucian got up and snapped his fingers, which caused the chess table and its chairs to vanish. "You know, you really shouldn't talk to the prince of hell like."
       "Does it look like a care? Clearly, you're weak if you need a guard to protect you." Damian just stated bluntly.
       Lucian's eyes immediately shot over to Damian. "I am not weak! You really need to watch your mouth!"
     Damian just rolled his eyes as he leaned his head back. "Yea, sure, whatever you say, prince boy."
     "I don't know what gave you the guts to talk to me like that but you need to fucking loose it." Lucian stated as he glared at Damian.
    "It's getting late, you should get ready for bed." Damian stated, ignoring what Lucian had said.
      Lucian just grumbled then went to his closet and walked into it, slamming the door behind him in frustration. Damian who was still sitting on the couch just sighed in frustration. He got up and went over to a different Closet that was much smaller.
         Damian changed out of his uniform and into a black tank top and sweat pants. He was sliding the tank top on when Lucian walked out of his closet. Lucian was now wearing an oversized shirt and shorts.
    Lucian looked over at Damian as he finished putting the tank top on and chuckled a bit. "Don't you ever get tired of having to stay with me 24/7?"
   Damian looked over at him and sighed. "Hmm.. well I get free food.. a place to stay.. don't have to pay rent... and I still get payed a lot.. so.. nah, if dealing with one cocky prince geta me all that then it's worth that.."
     Lucian stared at him for a moment then just laughed. "Really? It takes that much for someone to want to deal with me?!"
     "Your carelessness caused your last guard to get killed." Damian stated bluntly.
       "Ah, yes, I remember that. She said she was required to anything to protect me even if it meant loosing her own life. So I jumped off a cliff. She dived after me, caught me, and then used her own body to lesson the blow for me." Lucian chuckled a bit more.
     "You're so selfish." Damian grumbled before laying on the couch and putting his arms under his head. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed.
     Lucian looked at him and sighed as he looked at Damian. He then went to his bed and moved the curtains on it so that he could climb onto it and lie down. After a few minutes of thinking, Lucian spoke.
    "So, is the benefits of this job really the only reason you took it on?" Lucian asked, though got no response. He peaked his head out from the curtain on his bed just to see that Damian was already asleep. Lucian huffed a bit then just laid back down in his bed and went to sleep himself.