Save Us

Multiple explosions go off in the distance, so we use them as a guide to find out where the fighting is going on. I internally hope that warping guys is going to be there as he's their only way out. Once we get there we stare in horror, All Might is finally here but he's being held over a portal by this creature with its fingers inside his abdomen causing blood to drip down. Is this really All Might, the symbol of peace?

Bakugou wastes no time and sprints even faster towards the scene, he jumps up so he's high enough to reach the metal brace of the portal guy and unleashes a gigantic explosion. The man's warp closes a little as he is stunned by the surprise attack.

"Get the hell out of my way, Deku!" Bakugou smashes the warps head down to the ground, whilst ice races up the leg of the creature. Meaning Todoroki is nearby.

"One of your poorly trained thugs told me you were here because you think you can kill All Might." He says plainly, the way he iced the creature allowed space for all might to get out of it's grip.

Kirishima and I go for the guy with all the hands attached to him. Kirishima goes for a high attack whereas I go for his legs to get him on the ground. Unfortunately, we both miss... embarrassing I know but I think it's because the red head yelled out before we were close enough for the guy not to react in time.

"Looks like I was able to find your body this time, bastard!" Bakugou yells out way too loud. I've only just noticed that Midoriya is still here as well as I heard him sniffling, now wiping tears.

"Kurogiri, how could you let this brat get the best of you? You've gotten us into a real jam here." The masked man says calmly, in a freakish way.

Bakugou chuckles. "You got careless, dumb villain. It wasn't hard to figure you out, only certain parts of you turn into that fucking warp gate, you use that mist to hide your actual body as a kind of distraction. Thinking that makes you safe. That's why we missed, but if you didn't have a body, you wouldn't be wearing this neck armour, right? You're not immune to physical attacks if they're well aimed." Wow, sick analysis. I'm sort of impressed he actually has analytical thoughts; other than all that rude violence he's so obsessed with obviously.

The 'Kurogiri' guy tries to move but is prevented by multiple explosions. "Don't move! Heh, you try anything funny, and I'll blow your ass up right now, you got it? They'll be cleaning you up for weeks." See what I mean? Unnecessary violent thoughts, well not really thoughts in his case.

"Ohh that doesn't sound very heroic!" Kirishima adds onto that which makes me snicker even though we are in quite a serious situation, it was pretty funny. I can feel the hot-headed eye burning into me, so I stop and put on a straight face.

"Nomu." The creature retracts from the warp and stands upright. It however fails as it's left arm and leg are frozen off as a consequence of Todoroki's ice. The ice smashes into a million pieces as raw muscle emerges from the Nomu's stumps. That thing is fucking regenerating itself.

I'm going to die here, and I haven't even been able to speak to my dad lately, he's going to be all alone again. The pro's won't get here in time, today will be the day of my death. At least I'll finally be able to meet my mother, I guess.

"First, we need to free our method of escape. Get him Nomu." It's going to kill Bakugou! Shit shit shit. I quickly scan my surroundings, I'm the closest one to him. I'll try and move him out of the way and if I fail, I might as well go out heroically as he has more of a change to become a useful hero. It's ironic thinking back to what his said earlier.

I race over to him to get between the blonde and the monster. In these few moments I'm reminded of my dad and the sacrifices he made for me; they'll all go to waste now. I'm sorry, dad.

I place my hand on Bakugou's arm, shoving him away and activate whatever quirk I have received. The creature makes contact with me.

It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts so fucking much. I scream out in pain, my voice cracks, my throat aches. The sound of my scream is disguised by the breaking of rubble. I'm gasping for breath; every inhale comes in short frantic bursts. I can't get enough clear air in as I'm surrounded by smoke. I was able to stop the brunt of the attack with a water force field. But it still feels as if something inside me broke.

"Kachan! Kachan? Wow that's awesome, you dodged it!" I can hear Midoryia almost scream. "Shut up, no I didn't, you damn nerd." I can only just hear his gruff response as everything gets quieter. Is this...it for me?

Bakugou

That speed... I didn't even see it coming. I would have died if it had actually reached me. "Then how'd you get over here? Hey, and where's Y/n?" The stupid red head says with confusion laced in his voice. "isn't it obvious?" icy hot states whilst looking over to where the majority of the smoke is coming from. Once it clears there is a clear view of All Might and Y/n...

She's unconscious in his arms, bleeding. Staining the symbol of peace's white shirt with a dark crimson. She sacrificed herself for me? Why the fuck would she do that? I don't need saving by some stupid nerd. Especially not from a weakling from her.

"All Might! Y/n" Deku cries out in shock.

"These are kids, and you didn't hold back?" All Might screams at the man with the hands whilst carefully cradling Y/n's limp figure in his battered arms. Is she... ok? I should have just moved quicker. If I wasn't so weak she wouldn't have had to save me.

"I didn't have much of a choice, he was threatening my companion, besides these kids are no angels. And one loss on your side won't make a difference in my plans. Besides the plain one, he tried to kill me with a maxed-out punch. What type of hero would do something like that? You think you can get away with being as violent as you want if you say it's for the sake of others. Well, you know what All Might? That pisses me off. Why do people get to decide what violent acts are heroic and others are villainous? Casting judgement to what's good and what's evil. You think you're the symbol of peace? Heh, you're just another government sponsored instrument of violence, and violence always brings more violence. I'll make sure the world understands, once you're dead."  I'm gonna kill that bastard.

Thank you so much for reading chapter 5.

I tried to add in some angst and give a bit more about her backstory. Please let me know your thoughts!

Word count: 1226