𝟭𝟭․ Coming Back to Seoul

CHAPTER ELEVEN "Why me

CHAPTER ELEVEN
"Why me."

A sweet, elegant, rich, yet gentle violin sound with a hint of sadness could be heard in New York's busy streets. This piece was usually performed with a piano, but the solo violin was especially memorable. She played the piece with grace and emotion, closing her eyes and feeling it in her heart. The wind lightly brushes against her cheeks as she swings back and forth to the music piece.

Once she finished playing a round of applause was heard. She quickly turned around, her eyes widened before a smile grew on her face. She slowly put down the violin from her shoulders to her waistline. "I knew you would be here," the person said with a smile on their face. "When did you get here?" She asked as she walked to her violin case.

"Not too long ago." She nodded before setting down her violin inside the case. "Was it, Suite Bergamasque, L. 75 III. Clair de Lune?" She closed the case and looked at the person, giving a soft hum. "That's very specific." The person handed her one of the beverages that they brought. She thanked them before taking a small sip from the straw. "It's one of your favorite pieces. I got to know the full name one day."

She sat in one of the seats. The person sat across from her. "Hee, what is wrong?" They eventually asked. She looked at him puzzled. She tilted her head just slightly. "What do you mean?" They looked her in the eyes with seriousness. "You have a lot in your mind." Heejin let out a soft sigh that went unnoticed unless you listened carefully. "You reminded me of a childhood friend. Taehyun, you're a keen observer. Always be aware of everything and everyone around you."

She then leaned back against the chair. "But yes, I do have a lot on my mind..." She stared at the stars in the night sky. Taehyun put down his drink he barely drank out of before looking at her with his eyes, giving his full attention. She gave him a bitter smile. "No worries though, it's just thoughts," she reassured him. "You know you can tell me, right?"

I know
I know..
I know...

She rose from her seat and took her violin case. "I'm gonna go." She smiled at him before saying goodbye. Taehyun watched her leave the rooftop before staring at her drink, which she had barely consumed. Heejin opened the apartment door. She slipped off her heels before turning on the lights in her small apartment. It was neither too large nor too small, making it ideal for two people to live in. She set down her violin and went to the kitchen after walking down to the living room. She sighed as she opened the fridge, mentally noting that she needed to go grocery shopping over the weekend.