15. Playing With Fire

DANIELLA'S POV:

Bathroom. Now. — V

I stared at the glowing screen of my phone, the words from Valentina's abrupt message echoing in my mind.

It was concise, almost demanding. Never mind it most definitely was demanding.

I hesitated, my thumb hovering over the keyboard as I contemplated my response. Valentina has being ignoring me lately, ignoring my attempts to speak to her and ignoring me in class.

It hurt me deeply, the scars of my past making me feel like a twelve year old girl that wished her parents showed her the same care as her friends parents did.

The silent treatment reminded me of them, my parents. It was used as a punishment and due to it, communication isn't my strong suit. I'm scared of expressing my feelings as well due to it usually turning into an argument.

Despite the hurt from Valentina's lack of care, there was a part of that still longed for us to still at least be friends. I miss the way she cared for me.

D: why should I?

I type, my fingers trembling slightly. It was a question laden with hurt and frustration, a plea of understanding, completely forgetting about making her jealous as my emotions come back in waves.

I hit send, feeling a mix of relief and anxiety and ash over me. Would she be mad?

I turned my attention back to my two friends, smiling at them as I fell back into conversation. I felt my phone buzz in my lap a few times but ignored it, why should I chase her?

"Are you not going to answer that?" Jules questioned, her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at my phone.

"No it's just a group chat." I lie, a smile on my face to cover up what I was truly feeling. Oliver seemed to have understood as he raised an eyebrow in questioning.

Jules looks away, picking up her phone and begins to type aggressively. I look back up to Oli, nodding my head at his silent question.

He smirks, picking up his phone, I understood he was messaging me and unlock the screen, my eyes scanning over the words that appeared before me.

O: what did she say?

D: she told me to meet her in the bathroom....

I look up to Oliver, his eyes widening in shock. Fuck I forgot to tell him about the kiss.

O: sorry what the fuck, I know you were trying to make her jelly but something must have happened between you two....I swear to fuck Daniella if you hid something from me.

I bit my lower lip gently, It slipped my mind to tel him as even though Valentina was on my mind for the pasts two weeks, I tried not to think about the kiss.....which was impossible.

Fuck how could I forget to tel him something so important.

D: soo, the night me and Jules went to the bar, she was there and saw me dancing up on other women. She may have dragged me to the bathroom and kissed me....

Oliver's jaw falls ajar, a slight gasp escaping his mouth. Jules Looks up from her phone, brows furrowing at Olivers random reaction.

"What the fuck was that?" She laughs slightly, I glare at Oliver, a silent command to make a good excuse.

"Sorry uh, I just saw that..Billie eilish won an Oscar and I was so happy for her." He smiles, stumbling over his words.

I roll my eyes, seriously out of everything he could have said. "Ok..." Jules replies sceptically, her eyes narrowing towards him.