Chapter 3 : Dinner

Selora Pov :

As I observe her sitting next to Asher, I can't help but notice her endearing appearance. Her wide-set hazel eyes sparkle with warmth, and her shoulder-length brown hair frames her face. Porcia has a small rounded nose and a dimpled smile, adding to her innocent and cute charm. She exudes a certain gracefulness, contrasting with Asher's cool demeanor.

A small smile tugged at my lips as I observed Porcia return the gesture by smiling at me.

"I guess she doesn't hate me then," I mused silently, comforted by her friendly demeanor. My gaze then discreetly shifted to Asher, who seemed to take a special notice every time Porcia smiled.

"Looks like he might have a thing for that angelic look of hers," I couldn't help but think, noting the subtle way his gaze lingered on her.

Asher glared at me. Again.

I guess he really loves glaring me. Am I that pretty that he keeps staring at me or what?

I was snapped out of my musings by a new voice chiming in, "So, how does it feel like marrying my brother?"

Startled, I turned to face the source of the voice and saw Susan Liverman, her gaze fixed on me with a mix of curiosity and challenge.

"So, how does it feel like marrying my brother?"

"Of course, I'm blessed."

"Are you?"

"Yes, I am."

Susan Liverman's smirk widened, clearly unconvinced by my feigned enthusiasm.

But I held my ground, responding with a calm demeanor.

She briefly glanced at her brother and then fixed her gaze back on me, her expression oozing mockery.

"I think he's blessed too. I look forward to our time together."

Susan Liverman is a petite woman with an elegant demeanor. Her blonde hair is styled in a sophisticated bob, framing her porcelain face and emphasizing her sharp features.

Throughout the dinner, she maintains a subtle smile, her amusement palpable. There's a hint of mockery in her eyes as she looks at me, indicating that she finds this entire situation more entertaining than troubling. Whether her amusement stems from genuine interest or a sense of superiority is unclear.

"Well, this is quite the interesting gathering." Andreas spoke up.

"Your presence certainly doesn't make it any less so." Asher replied. His eyes were stern like he didnt mean it. Obviously .

Andreas seriously felt he was being genuine.
"I'm glad I could add a touch of intrigue to your otherwise monotonous life, Liverman."

Susan mocked. "Oh, please, let's not pretend this is just a friendly family get-together."

"No, it's more like a business arrangement." Asher finished. "I believe the dinners over as well".

He stood up from his seat and walked away leaving all of us in a dire situation.

Ugh, thats how he left.

After Asher abruptly walks away, Porcia, who had remained mostly silent during dinner, suddenly speaks up, her voice filled with a hint of apology.

"I'm sorry, he's just like this since it's new to him," she says before getting up and following after him.

As I turn my attention back to the table, I notice Susan's expression has darkened. Her eyes narrow, a mixture of annoyance and frustration etched on her face.