Best-friends and love

A/N: Something I forgot to do in the previous chapter, tho I suppose most of you must have already seen it, IctXkkr just published a book on Abhay, blessing us all with it cause she slays really, so do check it out!

" I miss you." Shubman sighed fondly and Abhishek's face contorted with disgust.

It hadn't been five minutes since he last texted Sara and here he was talking to her on Facetime.

Whipped.

Who could tell this was the same guy who claimed to hate her a year ago?

No one apart from his friends.

Others wouldn't even believe it.

" Don't you miss me?"

" Teri shakal miss karne laayak hi nahi hai, chup hoja ab. Bhabhi ko apna kaam karne de."

" Shut up and go write your letter." Shubman rolled his eyes.

" Nahi likhunga, meri marzi. Tu mujhe bolne vala kaun hota hai?"

" Tera best-friend!"

" Vahi soch raha hoon ki kis manhoos ghadi mein tujhe best-friend bana liya."

" Haw! Kya matlab hai tera?"

" Bhabhi how do you tolerate him? He's so annoying."

Sara chuckled.
" Pyaar mein sab pyaara hi lagta hai. Just the way you've started liking writing and receiving letters."

He blushed a furious red, his cheeks heating up.

" Bhabhii! She's just a friend!"

" And Yashasvi and Eshanya are simply fake-dating."

Shubman snickered, patting Abhay's arm.

" Let him be Sara, he's going to keep denying it."

" And you're not going to talk him out of denial?"

" Honestly, Yasha needs it more."

" He needs it most!"

" I agree. Well...I gotta go. I have a meeting right now, I'll talk to you later. Bye! I love you!"

" I love you too!"

" I love you too." Abhay mimicked as she hung up.

" Kitna jalega? Jalna buri baat hoti hai."

" I'm not jealous! I just feel single. The two of you make me want to sleep on a highway."

Shubman chuckled.

" What is it like?" Abhay suddenly asked him.

" What's what like?"

" Being in love?" He peered curiously and Shubman broke in a wide, fond grin.

" It's a lovely feeling. Y'know...when you've had a long, tiring, harsh day, and when you feel the world has given up on you, you've given up on yourself, there's someone out there, to pull you in for a comforting embrace, to tell you that you have it in you, to tell you that you can do it, to believe in you, to encourage you, to be with you at your worst. And if you've got someone like that, you've won in life."

" You're so in love with her." Abhay murmured with a small smile and he smiled back.

" Y'know Abhay?"

" Hm?"

" I think Tanvi won in life."

" Huh?" Confusion morphed his pretty features as his brows furrowed, not understanding what was he trying to say.

" Tanvi won in life. Because she does have someone in life who's willing to be there for her at her worst, to encourage her, to cheer her up."

" I...I...Shubi...it's not...it's not like that."

" Tere 'it's not like that' mein dam nahi hai."

" You tell me Abhay, why would you start writing letters again, for a girl that too, especially when you have bitter memories related to it? You never told Tanvi that you hate writing letters, you, in-fact, in your first letter to her, wrote that you don't think writing letters is cliche at all and that you love the idea of writing to someone, but did you? You didn't. That girl left you heartbroken really bad and ever since, if any topic related to a letter was brought up, your face would contort with either anger or disgust and you'd change the subject immediately. You wrote a letter again only for Amayra because she insisted, otherwise, did you ever write anything to anyone?"

" Shubi.....stop confusing me."

Shubman sighed, turning towards his phone as it rang.

And Abhishek shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts.

Did he really have feelings for her?

" I'm not in love with anyone." He murmured stubbornly.