Chapter 19.

Third persons POV.
Day's have passed, but there was no progress in nameer house .

Khadija treated Fareeda like a non living thing,she shows her so much hatred,and she makes her do all the chores and laundry,while nameer watches and does nothing about it.
Aneesah , Anty waheeda and Anty naanarh already left 5days ago.
Inna left yesterday,after she made sure uncle Abdullahi brought Fareedah's admission letter to.

Muhammad recently got a transfer to work in Abuja so they left him ,he stays at uncle Abdullahi house.

Today is Monday and it's fareedah's ,first day at Nile University.
Uncle Abdullahi fulfilled his promise,she was so unhappy because Inna wasn't close to her.

Immediately she finished dressing,she quickly dialled Inna's number and told her today's her first day at the University and she expressed how happy she was,Inna said so many dua's wishing her success before she ended the call.

As usually she was done cleaning the house and made breakfast.
She looked at her smallish stature in the mirror.
She was wearing a black Abaya , she rolled her veil and clipped it with a white clip,she took one of the cute school bags Yaa nameer bought for her when he saw her admission letter.
She arranged all what nudrat told her to put in the file and she added a pen and two jotters and then her purse.

She came out of her room and headed to the parlor.
She met nameer sitted next to Khadija,he was feeding her fruits.
She greeted them,only nameer answered and then she told him she was ready to go to school.

He told her to wait ,he went upstairs and came down after some minutes.
He passed her the ATM card of the bank account he open for her.
He told her there's money inside,told her the pin.

"Thank you so much,I really appreciate"she thanked him showing appreciation for all he did for her.
He was the one that even payed her school fees.

"Your driver is waiting outside,Banda wasa Ayi karatu,Allah Bada sa'a"he said before turning his gaze to Khadija who was already boiling in jealousy.

She bid them goodbye before leaving the parlor.
She entered the car and greeted her driver.
They branched Alhaji Abdullahi's house to pick up nudrat at the gate.
Nudrat was in her 2nd year she was studying Environmental science.
Fareeda got admission to study mathematics,that was what she choose ,she wants to become a mathematician.

When they got to school nudrat helped her with her clearance and everything.
Lectures was not going to start for them today,so she waited for nudrat to be done with lectures.

She had so much fun with nudrat,they made call with Aneesah that day.
Immediately when it was time to go home,her facial expressions changed.
Remembering all the pains she goes through in that house ,she feels like running away and never coming back.
But the good thing is that he provides for her even if Khadija is against it,but he doesn't play his role as her husband,he doesn't talk to her to know if she has a problem,he doesn't give her quality time the way he gives Khadija,even when they are at the dining all his focus used to be on Khadija, they'll gist and even forget she was there.
he has never stepped his leg into her room,he only stands by the door and say whatever he wants to say to her.
She was just like a picture at their midst.

After some minutes ride, the driver brought her back home,it was past 4 o'clock in the evening.
The town was cloudy and it was very evident it was going to rain that evening.
Unfortunate for her the door was locked from inside,she knocked and knocked but no one opened the door.

She remembered she has Khadija's number,but she called her so many times but there was no reply.

The rain started drizzling until it started harder.
Luckily for her the water was not reaching her in the Varenda , where she stood.
But the cold was freezing her.
The rain stopped some minutes past six.
She was shaking badly,that was when the gateman asked if she was fine.
She claimed she was fine,he turned and went back to his side.
Just then ,Yaa nameer car horned.
The gateman quickly opened the gate and greeted him.
He came down from his car after he parked.
Surprisingly,he met Fareeda at the door.
She greeted him with her shaking voice,it was very evident she was cold.

He didn't say a word to her he called Khadija ,one Dial she picked up.
He told her to come and open the door ,not long after that she came out, claiming to be sleeping.
He was so angry but he couldn't express it to her ,he walked away without saying anything to Khadija,it really pained Fareeda but what could she do.
When she was about to enter, Khadija said to her.

"This is just the beginning of my torture,you will ask nameer to divorce you by your own self"

She hissed and walked away.
Fareeda went in also and went straight to the kitchen to get hot water ,she turned it in a flask and went straight to her room.

Jumaat Mubarak.
Hope you enjoyed it.
See you soon.
© Najaatu Zubairu.