Chapter 1

Omniscient.

On a Saturday evening, after a gym session Charlee finds herself in the mall, running her monthly errand. She made a list on her phone and she walks slowly pushing her trolley while she looks down at her phone and looking back up and searching around the aisles as if trying to spot a person.

Her hesitant and undecided-ness causes her to stumble and as a result, crashes her trolley on someone's back. Technically, hamstrings.
A tall, raven-haired, and buff man walking in a hoodie, sports shorts accompanied with socks and a pair of flip flops, jumps forward and looks back sharply, rightfully so and while Charlee tries to find the word, she unnoticably makes eye contact with the green-eyed stranger and sighs, until he finally decides to say, “Watch where you're going then?”, a little condescending and sharp as if to warn her to not do it again.
“I'm sorry about that, I don't know this place that well and I'm just trying to do an In-n-Out but by the looks of it, I'm taking extremely long”

He stays silent, “I'm new here, well this part of the world”, he turns to the side which is where Charlee is now standing and nods, analyzing the milk carton in his hands until he chuckles slightly and turn sighs.
“Hi, I'm Elijah... Sorry about the coldness, just having a rough day”, Eli holds his hand out and places his basket filled with greens and meat next to his feet to shake Charlee's hand with one hand rested on his hip.

Charlee chuckles slightly at the attempt of warmth by.. Elijah and holds her hand out with a big smile, “Charlee, it's cool Eli, we all have those days”.

“Let me see the list”

“Pardon?”

“Grocery list on your phone, the one you were so focused on you bumped into me”, Sassy, cute. Charlee thought to herself. She handed over the phone that opened her notes app on the note that had her grocery list and watched as Elijah squinted his eyes while briefly whispering, reading back the list to her.

“Mint ice cream?”, he asks amused, and in disbelief.

“Yeah? What's wrong with that?”, Charlee inquires, completely confused and in response, Elijah turns up his mouth in distaste and starts ruffling through his basket with the items Charlee is looking for and throws them in her trolley.
“There. Done, except I will not allow you to take mint ice cream”, He dares.
“Do you have a better suggestion?” She lifts her hands from the handle of her trolley and crosses her arms, while she toots her lips up as if to dare Elijah.

Elijah looks down and smirks and then looks back up and says, “One word, Stracciatella”.

“Whats that?”, she turns her head to the side.
“Ice cream.”
“Bet. Try me” She smirks, daringly.

Elijah turns back and walks away with Charlee's phone but leaves his basket to reassure her and comes back after roughly 4 minutes with a tub of ice cream in his hands and throws it in her trolley.

“There, now it's all good”. He hands her phone back, walks by his basket and picks it up, holding it with two hands, he smiles mischievously and goes “Your shopping is done and so is mine, let's get to the tills, Charlee”.

After they paid their list, they made their way to the exit of the market, Elijah spoke while the doors opened automatically and the ocean breeze wiped through their faces, trickling through Elijah's hair, “Where are you parked?”

Charlee halts and sighs, “I'm all the way across the lot”.
“Okay well then let's go? I'll help you unpack you've got a whole lot of bags to put in your boot”
“Eli, thank you but I'll be okay, thank you for the ice cream and I could tell when I bumped into you that you were in a hurry, so this is where I must bid you goodbye”

Elijah sulks and turns his lip down but nods, “Okay. It was nice to meet you Charlee”

Charlee nods and sighs and watches as Elijah makes his way to his black and red stiletto Ford Ranger Raptor Truck, while he jumps in, Charlee starts to walk across the lot and waves two of her fingers together to say goodbye one last before Elijah pulled of, in response, Elijah hooted lightly and off he went.

She sighed and watched in awe, I forgot to take his numbers. Shit.

*****
Hello! Welcome to my first story, hope we like it. Tell me about the first impressions.