Mystery Letter

Simon was making his way home from school on a Monday afternoon at 4:30 P.M., he gets home only to see a letter that was left by his older sister Jessica, "She probably went to go to the library again," he thought to himself as he puts the letter back on the counter. But, as he's walking up to his room, he saw that his parents' office was open, his curiosity getting the best of him; he enters their office... and as usual there are humongous stacks of papers on their desks seriously why can't they keep this place organized for like one day, is that difficult? Something then catches Simon's eye, an open envelope laying on the desk and from what it looks from his perspective... it was signed, Simon walked over the desk, grabs the envelope and leaves the office and walked to his room. Once he made sure no one was listening or watching he pulled out a piece of parchment paper from the envelope and started to read it.

"Dear Mrs. and Mr. Schmidt,

"Simon has been chosen to partake in a challenge, although we can guarantee his safety we can't assure if he'll come out alive or not... However, he won't be the only one taking on this challenge, we'll have one of our men deliver the required materials he will need so he can partake. But before that happens we will need all of the information about him so we can be fully prepared [This was what the form was for :P]. And if things go accordingly as planned then he MIGHT make it out but if not... we'll save those details for when we actually meet Meet me at Mugshot Cafe on Monday at 2:30 P.M. and we'll talk more there.

From,

???"

Simon looked at the letter in shock and in disbelief, and his parents actually signed it like it was an original business paper?! Why didn't they read it, what was this challenge...? but only one way for him to find out he, and they left before he came home... Simon let out a sigh as he placed the letter on his bed stand and sat on the edge of his bed thinking over what he just read, he then let out a sigh. Looks like he'll have to wait until they get back... which will be when exactly???