(1) L E A V I N G M O N T R E A L

Delilah Stroll
⊱ ────── {.⋅🏎️⋅.} ────── ⊰

MY shoes were not fitting right, my dress was itchy. Everything was wrong.

I hated this, being with my not so perfect family. I hated the way they made me feel, I hated the way I was always a second choice and I hated the fact they made me do things I didn't want to.

Like wearing this hideous dress.

It was hot, we were on the airport of Montreal, waiting to board our plane to fly to England. My mother told me what to wear, how to act. We were family of Lance Stroll, after all.

This was the exact reason I moved to New York. I was sick of my parents forcing me to do things I didn't like, so I simply left when I had enough money.

Guess what? It didn't work. After just two years my father threatened to cut off all the money that went into my account if I didn't come back, and now we're here.

"I'm sure you're going to like Fernando, he's a really nice bloke" Lance tells me, his green Aston Martin cap being way to obvious.

I roll my eyes. "Lance, I really like that you're excited but I really don't care." I tell him straight to his face.

There's no point in me lying to him and telling him I'm interested when he can see right through me.

"Oh, yeah. Okay, well, if we're there feel free to check out the teams, you're going to see them a lot more often now." He tells me, and then he turns to my father with a smile.

And I knew I would be seeing them more. I had to spend the rest of the season traveling with my family and Lance until it was over. They demanded me to.

We boarded the plane pretty soon after we arrived, and although my parents were rich enough, and had a private plane, they wanted to have a citizen experience just like how I had when I flew from new York to Montreal.

I hated the way they used to taunt me with the fact I wasn't as rich as them. Most of the money I owned was from my own hard work, and it was surely not my father's money. I liked the feeing of independence.

"You should wear this when we get to the garage, it's so people know you're meant to be there" my father said when we were seated, and then he handed me a piece of plastic on a cord. A paddock pass.

My eyebrows raise, and I look at my father. "And, why am I supposed to wear this, but you aren't?" I ask, a little confused.

My father lets out a humorless laugh. "Because you're never at the garage. Me and your mother get recognized enough, but since you never show your face." He points at the pass.

I clench my jaw. "You can shove this piece of plastic right up your ass." I tell him, throwing the paddock pass into his direction.

I never show my face, yes that's true. But I've been in enough family photos to get recognized, I'm sure I won't get kicked out.

I turn away from my father, ignoring the stupid feeling in my gut as I wipe a piece of hair out of my face. I'm glad I cut it before leaving to Montreal, you should've seen the shock on my face when my mother realized that my long hair was gone, now replaced with a length that reaches just above my shoulders.

My eyes shut right after we take off, and when I wake up we're just about to get there, and my head is placed on lances shoulder. I smile at him and sit right up again, glancing at the time.

"Did you sleep well?" Lance asks with a smile before kissing the top of my head, and I shrug.

"I did, dreamt about being back home" I joke, and his face drops slightly. "I'm kidding Lan, I'm exited to be here with you" I tell him, and he smiles while I ruffle his hair.

"I'm glad you're excited, I think you'll like it. Maybe you'll even get a spot on the team as a mechanic, who knows?" He says, and I shake my head.

"As much as I like cars, I don't think that's a job for me to be honest. I'm a dog mom and an artist, that's it" I smile, being a mechanic for the Aston Martin team feels like a dream, but I know my father would never give me the satisfaction of joining it.

"Oh yeah, a dog mom. How's Rex doing anyways?" He asks, looking at his phone as we put on our belts for the landing.

"He's fine, took his meds and vaccinations for the flights perfectly, he'll be brought to our hotel a little after we arrive" I tell Lance, and he nods.

"I'm excited to meet him, he seems like a cute boy." He says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"He is indeed cute, but he's also a little protective" I tell him, and he just simply shrugs.

My father looks at me, raising his eyebrows before he starts speaking. "The hotel where we're staying is also the hotel all the other drivers stay in, so don't you dare freak out when seeing them okay?" He says, pointing his finger at me.

I shake my head. He doesn't understand me at all. "I won't, father. I won't even look up at them because I have no desire to be surrounded by snobby rich people." I groan, and then I put In my earphones, not wanting to hear the stupid banter of my father any longer.

⊱ ────── {.⋅🏎️⋅.} ────── ⊰

First chapter, a really short one but still.
Let me know how you like it, and what do you think of Delilah's and Lance's dynamic as sister and brother?

Love ya

SOCIALS:
TIKTOK - Aelynsbookshelf
INSTAGRAM - Aelynsbookshelf