Chapter 4: Entry to The Chunin Selection

"Speech"

"Internal Thought"

9am
Konoha
Hokage's tower

There stood a mid sized anbu in a weasel mask as he kneeled in front of his leader

"So the mission was a success I take it?"

"Yes, Lord Hokage, the bridge builder was able to complete his task safely and without incident."

"And what of team Kakashi?

"They should be returning to the village sometime this afternoon."

"Very well, thank you, weasel, you are dismissed."

The anbu then reached up, removing his mask to reveal a young man with a fair complexion and black eyes, under which were long, pronounced tear-troughs. He also had He had jet-black hair that was pulled back in a low ponytail, and his face was framed with centre-parted bangs that extended to his chin.

"Something troubling you?" Asked the aged kage.

"It's just that the chunin exams are approaching again. I know it's only been a few months, but... said the ravin haired man trailing off.

"You wish for Sasuke's team to participate in it this year? I will admit they've exceeded our expectations for what's need to be considered an experienced genin. I'll ask Kakashi for his opinion after their return certainly he'll argre with a recommendation coming from you Itachi."

Later That Day

Team 7 made their way through the village as the team mainly, Sasuke and Sakura, conversed about the mission.

Naruto was looking up to the sky with a wondering expression. At first sight, one would think he was absent-mindedly looking off. However, since they entered back through the village gates, he had been sensing serval unfamiliar chakra signatures. Curious, he questioned why there were so many foreigners in the village at the moment. If they aren't under attack, then could there be some kind of an event going on? He thought.

As they walked, the group passed by a white picket fence. Looking over, he noticed out the corner of his eye a section that more resembled a tarp that was crudely painted to mimic the fence itself. However, due to the poor quality of the art and the fact that lines didn't even line up properly, it was obviously.

Just the tarp burst into a poof of smoke as three short but quick targets burst towards the group.

"Sasuke your head is mine!" yelled the leader of the academy student trio as they rushed in.

Sasuke and Sakura turned around as they heard this, but Naruto immediately reacted as he seamlessly created two shadow clones. Each clone then counted and restrained each of the attacking students.

Now sporting a sweat drop, Sasuke sighed at the usual antics of the boy who was currently cursing at his teammate, demanding he let go of him and his friends.

"Konhamaru, what the hell are you doing trying to sneak up on us like that?" Asked Sasuke

"Big bro, Sasuke, help me. Your crazy friend is trying to kill me."

Sasuke nodded to Naruto as he
despirsed his clones, releasing the two kids that act as the boisterous boy's teammates.

"Konhamaru, what the hell are you doing sneaking up on us like that?" Asked Sasuke, staring daggers at the boy.

A chill went up Konhamaru's spine as he stammered a bit before declaring that that he'll have to defeat him and his brother and use it as training to be his grandfather and become the next Hokage.