CHAPTER TWO

It was the next morning and they were both still cuddled up together. Mia's arm had gone slightly limp but was still wrapped around Char's shoulder with her head now leaning on the brunettes.

Charlotte slowly opened her eyes, letting them adjust to the light. Wondering where she was and what happened she looked around the room before realising who she was laying on. She quickly lifted up her head and sat up in shock. However she soon found herself zoned out while thinking about the redhead, admiring her beauty.

Gosh was she beautiful. Charlotte always found herself staring at Mia from afar. Whenever she was around Charlotte's heart would skip a beat and she'd feel like a teenager with her first crush all over again. Her eyes were the most beautiful thing about her. A deep green that complimented her hair perfectly and managed to constantly capture Charlotte's attention. Charlotte swore they looked at her in a different way to everyone else, almost as if they saw past her facade. As they say, 'Eyes are the window to the soul'.

In all fairness, it wouldn't take much for people to realise she wasn't really that happy, cheerful person.

Charlotte had been caught gazing at her quite a few times but Mia would never say anything. She'd just raise an eyebrow and smirk, which is exactly what she was doing right now.

"Well good morning sweetheart, didn't expect to wake up to you staring at me." Mia rasped.

Charlotte had never heard her morning voice before but it was definitely better than she had expected. She'd often catch herself imagining waking up next to her but she'd shake it off each time, she didn't want to believe she actually liked Mia as that would be wrong. Her cheeks immediately turned pink and Mia smiled softly while looking up at her.

"Oh uh sorry, I didn't know you were awake." Charlotte stumbled over her words, not knowing what to say. After all she didn't even know what had led to this moment.

Had she and Mia done something the night before? What even happened last night?

All of a sudden she felt a wave of nausea and looked around for the bathroom before running over to it. Mia following swiftly behind. She didn't even have time to shut the door behind her before she was throwing up, luckily making it to the toilet just in time. Mia bent down behind her, holding her hair up and gently rubbing Charlotte's back.

"Ugh how much did I drink last night, I feel awful." Charlotte mumbled.
"Well judging by how I found you when I got to the bar, quite a lot." Mia chuckled.

Charlotte only sighed in response as she lent back against the tiled wall with her head in her hands, overcome with guilt and shame. Mia turned to look at her, now also sat on the bathroom floor. She tilted her head ever so slightly to the side, observing Charlotte and her smile slowly faded as she saw her facial expression completely change.

"Hey it's okay. Everyone falls sometimes, all that matters is that you get back up."
Charlotte turned away, tears threatening to fall down her cheeks.
"No it's not okay, Mia. I'm a wreck, I don't even know what happened last night or why I'm in your house. Everything in my life is falling to pieces and I don't even know if I can get back up." Charlotte's voice trembled as she spoke, the tears now streaming down her face.

She was shocked by her own outburst but that's what happens when you spend years not being able to tell anyone what you're really feeling; eventually you erupt.

She pulled her knees up to her chest and buried her face in them, her arms now wrapped around herself in some attempt at self soothing.

Mia's heart dropped as she heard those words and watched the woman who constantly appeared cheerful and happy crumble in front of her. She didn't know what was happening in Charlotte's life but for her to be showing her true feelings in front of her like this, especially when they hadn't known each other long, she knew it had to be bad and her heart ached for her.

Charlotte, now shaking and sobbing, started to fidget with her wedding ring before taking it off and throwing it against the floor without a care as to where it ended up. Mia looked at her confused, wondering what could've happened between Charlotte and her husband.

From what Mia had heard they had the perfect marriage, at least that's what everyone always said. She'd grown tired of hearing people speak about them and wishing they had the same relationship, but clearly it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows like they all believed. She tried to move closer to Charlotte so that she could offer some sort of comfort but Charlotte just backed away from her, flinching in the process. Tears started to form in Mia's eyes as she looked down at the woman who began to look so small and helpless, almost like a frightened child. Images started to appear in her head of when she would find Autumn crying during their childhood after Roger had hurt her.

It quickly became too much for her to handle and she had to remove herself from the room, choosing to make her way downstairs. Both women began feeling overwhelmed by the memories that they wish they could forget. Memories that haunted them at night when they couldn't sleep. Forever bringing them back to a version of themselves they now hated. Not because they were a bad person, but because they were happy and both the women were unsure if they could ever feel that same untainted happiness again.

Word count: 967
A/n: Sorry this was a shorter chapter I just felt like that was a good point to end on, it was originally meant to be cute so I do apologise. Hopefully the next one will be happier! 😭
(Also yet again if there are any mistakes please let me know, the paragraphs might not have been done right but I was never the best student when it came to grammar and stuff so that's gonna have to do)