Unspoken News: Part 2

Later that afternoon, as Rory walked back home, she decided to call her father, Christopher. She knew she had to tell him the news, even though she dreaded his reaction.

"Hey, Dad," Rory greeted when Christopher picked up.

"Rory! How are you, kiddo?" Christopher's voice was warm and cheerful.

"Good, Dad. Actually, there's something I need to tell you," Rory said, her voice steady but her heart pounding. "I'm pregnant."

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line. "You're what?" Christopher finally said, his voice rising in disbelief.

"I'm pregnant," Rory repeated, her voice softer.

Christopher sighed heavily. "And who's the father? Logan?"

"Yes, Logan," Rory confirmed, bracing herself for his reaction.

"Rory, you know how I feel about him. He's unreliable, and he's not good enough for you," Christopher said, his voice filled with disapproval.

"Dad, I know you have your concerns, but this is my decision," Rory replied, trying to keep her voice calm.

"I'm worried about you, Rory. Logan has a lot of baggage. Are you sure about this?" Christopher pressed.

"I'm sure, Dad. Logan and I are still figuring things out, but I need you to trust me," Rory said, her voice firm.

Christopher sighed again. "Okay, Rory. I just want you to be happy and safe."

"I know, Dad. Thanks for understanding," Rory said, feeling a mix of relief and frustration as she ended the call.

That afternoon, Rory and Lorelai met up outside Emily's house for their usual Friday night dinner. As they walked up the steps, Rory felt a knot of anxiety in her stomach. She knew this was going to be one of the most challenging conversations yet.

Emily greeted them at the door, her usual poised and elegant self. "Come in, come in," she said, ushering them into the living room. "How are you both?"

Rory and Lorelai exchanged a quick glance before taking their seats. The atmosphere was thick with tension, and Rory could sense that her grandmother was picking up on it.

"What's going on?" Emily asked, her eyes narrowing. "You're both acting as if Rory's pregnant for God's sake."

The room fell silent, and Lorelai let out a nervous laugh. "Well, Mom, funny you should mention that because...Rory is pregnant."

Emily's eyes widened in shock, and for a moment, she was speechless. Then, a slow smile spread across her face. "Really? Rory, is this true?"

Rory nodded, feeling a mixture of nerves and relief. "Yes, Grandma. It's true."

Emily stood up, her eyes glistening with tears of joy. "Oh, Rory, that's wonderful news! Who's the father? Have you told him?"

"Logan is the father," Rory said, her voice steady. "We've told him, but we're still deciding things."

Emily's expression shifted from joy to surprise. "Logan? Are you sure he's the right one for this, Rory?"

"We're figuring it out, Grandma," Rory replied gently. "But he wants to be involved."

They talked for a while longer, discussing plans and possibilities. Emily was thrilled at the prospect of becoming a great-grandmother, and she offered her support in any way she could.

As they left Emily's house, Rory felt a sense of relief. The news was out, and while there were still many uncertainties, she knew she had the support of her family.

Logan Huntzberger sat at a lavish family dinner in Paris, surrounded by his French fiancée, Odette, his mother, father, and sister. The atmosphere was tense, as it often was during these gatherings. His phone buzzed in his pocket, and he excused himself, stepping outside to take the call.

"Hello?" Logan answered, his voice low.

"Logan, it's Emily Gilmore," came the voice on the other end. "I need to know your intentions with Rory now that she's pregnant."

Logan's heart skipped a beat. He had been avoiding thinking about the future, but Emily's call brought everything crashing down. "I... I need to go," he said abruptly, hanging up the phone.

He re-entered the dining room, his face pale. Mitchum, his father, noticed immediately. "What's wrong, Logan?"

Logan clenched his fists, his anger boiling over. "I'm leaving this family. I'm done with all of this."

Mitchum's eyes narrowed. "What are you talking about?"

"Rory's pregnant, and I need to figure things out," Logan said, his voice shaking. "I can't do that here."

With that, Logan stormed out of the room, leaving his family in stunned silence.