Chapter 1: Blanket stealer

Ever since Football Ring had abandoned the contestants on the island, it had become exceedingly boring

Without any challenges or reasons to compete against one another, everyone found themselves with nothing to do. As the days passed, the lack of entertainment on the island made them increasingly restless.

Fireball, in particular, felt the weight of this monotony. Despite his burning hatred for the game, it at least gave him something to occupy his time and a reason to get out of bed.

Though others found entertainment in conversations with the friends they had made during the competition, Fireball, unsurprisingly didn't have that, thanks to his stubborn approach to socializing.

So what do you do when you're extremely bored out of your mind with nothing to do and refuse to talk to anyone?

Simple.

You observe to what's happening around you.

Fireball was never the best at observation, or at least even cared at all about what his fellow contestants were up too. But with nothing else to do, he decided to let go the small amount of pride he had left and just watched.

He never expected to get anything out of this, most of the time he would usually nitpick out certain traits to silently make fun of the others. But for some reason he felt a little pathetic doing so, realising that he was falling back to old habits, assuming the worst out of everyone even if he wasn't actively talking to them.

But after a while, Fireball began to notice a few genuine things about the others through careful observation.

For example, he noticed how Chip Stack used his hands to express his emotions, given that his face was obscured, or how Maple Leaf always clutched onto objects as if he might 'fly away.' He also observed that Oven Gloves did everything in her power to avoid getting wet.

But these were merely small quirks and details that Fireball could care less about; though he continued to observe out of sheer boredom nevertheless.

That is, until winter rolled around, when the lake froze over and snow began to fall. Most of the other contestants got excited because, of course, this was something different— a new way to relieve their boredom.

But once again, Fireball couldn't even appreciate this change. While it was certainly prettier than the usual scenery, it was hard to enjoy the snow when it was actively trying to extinguish him. And without the luxury of a Recovery Center, Fireball had to be cautious. So because of this, he was now forced to confine in the cabins or the cafeteria, feeding more into his constant boredom.

Though even with this annoying development, he noticed something- something about certain shiny object that had recently caught his attention.

You see, Pound was a basic character to Fireball. From the small few interactions they had during the game, Fireball had quickly learnt that Pound was quite a pushover and usually followed the crowd, though due to his nature, Pound was able to easily make friends with the other contestants from in and outside their team(to which Fireball was totally not envious of).