Cold Feet

A few long months passed by and today marked a very special day for our favorite couple. Their engagement was one of the most exciting news so far. Soldiers congratulated them and often asked when the wedding was. Annie wanted it in August.

The wedding was planned by the girls as Annie didn't care much about how it looked. Christa, Ymir, and Sasha took over the details and practically everything. The bride wasn't really picky but, the dress caught her attention.

"I don't normally wear dresses." Annie said as she was being helped by Christa in the dressing room. She was annoyed by the corset and so many layers of clothing that she was about ready to just walk out in her uniform at this point.

Christ was fixing the bottom of the dress with a smile. "Come on Annie. Today is your day and you should look beautiful. This is a traditional wedding." The little blonde stood up. "You look amazing in one."

Annie rolled her eyes and turned to the mirror. A small gasp was heard as she looked at herself. Is this.. really me? A completely different is in front of her.

The dress was a classic white strapless with fairly large ruffles flowing out behind her. A diamond middle and a corset to show off some cleavage, which felt weird for her. Her curvy assets were showing.

"You really have a nice body Annie." Ymir was leaning against the doorframe.

"Ymir!" Christa smacked her on the arm. "She's getting married!"

The tall brown haired woman couldn't help but laugh. "We better get your veil on then."

Mikasa was setting up the different items on the dresser when they came in. Annie has grown on her since the engagement and she wouldn't want Armin marrying anyone else. They almost see each other as sisters now.

Annie sat down on the chair and everyone got to work. Mikasa was pinning the veil on top of her head, Christa fixed up her makeup a bit more and Ymir started putting the heels on her. Annie's beautiful blonde hair reached her chest and came down in large, loose curls. Everything was finished. They a stepped back to admire the bride.

"You look amazing." Christa sighed and small tears were threatening to spill. "I'm so happy we set this together."

A knock was at the door and Sasha came running in. "I got them! Let's hurr-" She stopped at the sight of Annie. "Who's this chick?"

The girls chuckled and grabbed the bags from potato girl. "It's Annie." Ymir finally said.

"Are you sure? Don't look like her." Sasha was checking her out before being dragged to the back room.

They were all bridesmaids. Crystal blue floor length dresses with a pin up at the hip. Gorgeously done by the local tailor. Until, Sasha forgot to pick them up this morning and they sent her to get them while getting Annie ready.

Annie was making a checklist in her mind. "Uhh.. I'm forgetting something." She started searching through her bag and pulled out a box. A sigh of relief was heard.

"Isn't that the neckalce Armin gave you?" Ymir asked.

Annie nodded before taking it out and motioned to Mikasa. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all." She grabbed the jewelry from her. Annie pulled up her hair and Mikasa clasped it around her neck. "There we go."

"Okay we're all dressed and ready. Now, how much time is left before the music starts?" Christa was fussing around with Annie's dress and hair. "Do you have the bouquets Mikasa?"

She nodded in response. "I'll check on the guys while I run to see the time." Mikasa walked out and to the other part of the church.

...

"Armin. Don't be nervous." Eren was watching his best friends pacing back and forth in front of the mirror. "I'm pretty sure she won't walk out on you. Again."

"Haha, Eren." Armin gave him a look of annoyance. "I'm not sure this is the best time to remind me that she left without a word in the past. Maybe... What happens if she does?!" He started sweating and pacing faster.

Reiner, Bertholdt, and Connie were watching the scene in front of them. It was normal for him to get cold feet. Everyone does before they get married.

Mikasa walked through the door. "Hey, are you all ready?" She noticed Armins pacing. "Armin.."

He stopped to look at Mikasa. "Huh? Oh hey Mikasa. Everything is fine. We are ready and I'm ready. Yeah, I'm ready.." Armin sat on the chair with his hands in his face.

Eren took note of the situation. "Can you leave us three alone for awhile?" He asked the guys. All of them nodded in understanding and left the room.

His best friends came to both of his sides. "Mikasa. Eren. Am I doing the right thing?"

"Of course Armin." Mikasa placed her hand on his back. "I can't see you marrying anyone else but Annie. She loves you."

Eren spoke up next. "And you love her. I'm sure she's getting nervous as well. This happens but, follow your heart."

"Don't overthink it." Mikasa seen it was almost time. "You two better get in there."

Armin smiled at them both. "Thanks." He gave each of them a quick hug before taking off out the door.

Eren and Mikasa split up in the hall. "Mikasa."

"Yes?"

"You look beautiful." Eren was blushing and couldn't help looking at her.

She smiled before giving him a kiss on his lips. "Thanks."

He watched as she quickly walked down the hallway and disappeared from his sight. Erens smile brightened.

...

"I can't." Annie was about to walk out their room when she stopped. "What am I doing?" She turned to run back inside when a hand stuck out.

Mikasa was smirking. "You're not getting cold feet too, are you?"

"What? No..." Annie was trying not to look at any of the girls in the eyes. "Just a little.." she mumbled.

Mikasa rolled her eyes. "We can't have that. Not when it's almost time."

"Annie. Don't have doubts. This is the wedding of the year! We all put this together for you and Armin." Christa said. She was hold the end of Annie's dress so it wouldn't get dirty. "You two are a match made in heaven!"

"Kind of over exaggerating it don't ya think?" Ymir was peeking through the doorway.

"No, no I'm not."

Annie was deep in thought. This is what I want. I never thought of being tied down before and yet, here I am. About to marry Armin Arlert.

"Let's go, Annie." Mikasa grabbed her hand and lead her out to the entrance.

The church was packed. Guess it was the wedding of the year since it's rare for fellow soldiers to get hitched. Even people from other regiments showed up for their support.

No turning back now. Annie thought as the music started and everyone turned to face the entrance.