CHAPTER 01

Hana often had vivid dreams. They seemed so real, it was as though she was living out old memories. Tonight was no different.

The playground was covered in beautiful silhouettes as the afternoon sun's warm, golden rays passed through the trees. The six-year-old girl laughed like music as she chased her older brother. As they rushed while playing tag, tiny dust clouds were created by their shoes. Their favorite spot was the park, a haven of monkey bars, slides, and swings.

"Heeseung! You're too fast! Hana called, breathing quickly in short gasps. Her brother gave them a cheeky smile, but before he could respond, someone spoke.

"Hey Heeseung!"

Turning around, Hana saw a boy who was almost Heeseung's age. His smile was pleasant and he exuded effortless confidence. In the sunlight, his hair gleamed and his mischievous eyes glittered.

"Sunghoon!" Heeseung waved and yelled. "come on over!"

Hana felt an odd flutter in her chest as Sunghoon jogged over. She had previously seen Heeseung's friends, but Sunghoon was unlike the others. He appeared colossal, similar to a prince charming from her books of fairytales.

"Hana, this is Sunghoon," Heeseung introduced. "He's in my class, like Jay and Jake. Sunghoon, this is my little sister, Hana."

Heeseung said, "Hana, this is Sunghoon." He takes the same class as Jake and Jay. Hana, my younger sister, is this, Sunghoon.

With a sincere and gentle smile, Sunghoon knelt to Hana. It's good to meet you, Hana. Are you a fan of playing tag?"

Hana nodded, putting her timidity aside for the moment. "Definitely! Are you up for playing with us?"

Sunghoon giggled. "Of course! I'll be 'it'. You better run fast or I'll get you!"

As the months passed, Hana's feelings for Sunghoon grew. Like her brother Heeseung's other friends, Sunghoon became a frequent guest at their home, which only served to heighten her admiration for him and solidify his status as her prince charming.

One sunny afternoon, Hana turned to face a book that was just out of reach when Sunghoon called out to her from behind.

"Need a hand?"

Hana blushed.

Sunghoon grinned and deftly grabbed the book and handed it to her, saying, "Here you go, princess."

Tears filled Hana's eyes as she looked around on a rainy day for her favorite toy. With her face buried in her hands, Sunghoon spotted her in the living room.

"Hana, what's wrong? He questioned softly.

She wept, "I can't find Mr. Whiskers."

Sunghoon knelt by her side. "Don't worry, we'll find him together." She was overjoyed when he eventually found the toy under the sofa and gave it to her.

Hana sprained her ankle after tripping in a park one sunny afternoon. Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed in misery. Sunghoon ran over to her right away.

"Hana, are you okay?" With apparent anxiety in his tone, he asked.

Wincing, Hana shook her head. "It hurts..."

Sunghoon dropped to his knees and carefully put her onto his back without hesitation. He comforted her, saying, "Don't worry, I've got you, princess"

He took great care as he brought her home. When they got to the couch, Sunghoon assisted Hana while her mother started treating her ankle. Then, after a little absence, Sunghoon reappeared holding two ice cream cones.

"Here. This will make you feel better," he said, handing her one.

Having watched the entire scene, Heeseung scowled. "Hey, why didn't I get one?"

Sunghoon shrugged, smiling. "I guess you'll have to be the one injured next time."

They all chuckled, briefly forgetting Hana's ankle ache. She developed stronger feelings for Sunghoon as a result of his generosity. He was constantly there to save her, like a knight in shining armor.

Hana's feelings for Sunghoon became stronger during these times. He was constantly there to save her, like a knight in shining armor.

Through these treasured memories, the dream kept changing, each serving as a reminder of how Sunghoon had grown to be an important part of her life. However, this dream started to fade and get hazy.

With a start, Hana woke up, her heart racing. She was in her bedroom, with the curtains drawn and the first light of the day coming in. Heeseung, her elder brother, was shaking her awake.

"Wake up," He said, "We're going to be late for school."

The fourteen-year-old girl wiped her eyes, trying to push away the last traces of the dream in an attempt to wake up from it. The dream felt real, though reality was calling.

She rolled out of bed and dressed for school, her thoughts drifting back to Sunghoon. She smiled as she combed her hair, thinking back to all the times he stood by her.

Hana decided to cherish those priceless memories while looking forward to the future because today was a new day. Maybe just maybe, someday she might get the courage to express her feelings to Sunghoon. But for now, she plans to cherish the relationship for the time being and keep dreaming.

୨⎯ Hi!! so just two days ago, I had an idea for this plot and thought, Why not make it as a short story? I can't wait to tell you all about this new story. Will prolly finish this first before I continue writing Jungwon's story.

Reading over all of your comments on my first story was truly enjoyable. So comments and thoughts are highly appreciated!!

Happy reading everyone <33