Chap 04 : Dance with Me !?

ARYA

The gala is the first big event of the race weekend, a glamorous affair filled with drivers, team members, and celebrities. To explain it in layman's terms, it's like a freshers' party.

Last night, I did some research about F1 and the drivers, especially Asher Landon. I did extra research on him only because he is my brother’s teammate. Nothing more, I swear. I didn’t feel any butterflies when I saw his pictures, I swear. I definitely wasn’t flushed after zooming in on his pictures. I swear again.

Anyway, coming to a serious problem, both Ryan and Ava left an hour early. Now, I'm currently standing at the entrance of a place that is not just a hotel but a mini palace. I feel underdressed even before entering the venue. I'm going to kill my stupid brother for not giving me proper information. All he said was, “It's just a party; wear something comfy.” Comfy, my foot. Thank God I did my research last night and decided to ignore my brother’s advice.

Instead of normal comfy party wear, I'm wearing a black deep V-neck gown that hugs my curves perfectly. My favorite part of the gown is the high slit running down from my thigh. Did I get dressed for someone in particular? Jokes on you, of course not. Lol.

Debating whether I should go inside or turn around and run to my room, my feet move on their own accord when my eyes land on those ocean-blue ones. I have no idea how I easily found him in a room full of people. I don’t know why my body is reacting weirdly to looking at him.

He is your brother’s teammate, and both of them equally hate each other,’ I guess I have to repeat this as my mantra.

Gosh, I don’t even care anymore about the extravagant decorations of the hotel – or palace or whatever. The shining lights don’t even stand a chance against those beautiful eyes. God. He is wearing a three-piece black suit, but on him, it looks anything but normal. He looks like a Greek god. No, it should be rephrased: even a Greek god would feel jealous of his beauty.

He is sinfully beautiful. My hands itch to touch those sharp cheekbones, . Those lips, fuck, looks tempting and inviting. I cover my face with my hand. If someone heard my thoughts, they would accuse me of eye-fucking an F1 racer.

'Asher Landon, the reformed playboy: ACE in breaking women's hearts,' a headline from a gossip site comes to my mind when I watch a woman coming closer to him. Something hurts. He hasn’t even glanced in my direction. I sound pathetic.

I walk in the opposite direction of Asher Landon, towards the open bar. I quickly shoot a text to my brother, letting him know I've arrived at the venue, and I dial Ava's number, hoping she'll answer. After a few rings, she finally picks up.

"Heeeyyyyy! Have you arrived? Where are you?" Ava's voice is bubbly and excited, as always.

"Hey, yeah, I arrived. Right now, I'm at the open bar. Where are you?" I reply, scanning the room for any sign of her.

"Okayyy, wait right there. I'll come to you!" she responds eagerly. The call ends, and I tuck my phone back into my clutch.

A few seconds later, someone taps on my shoulder. Sensing it might be Ava, I quickly turn.

“Ahh, finally, you came—” Words die in my throat as I notice Asher. He looks hotter, more beautiful, more breathtaking up close.

“Dance with me,” ASHER LANDON SPOKE TO ME !???!!!!! . His voice tastes more intoxicating than the wine here. Wait a minute—did he just—

“What?” My voice comes out as a bare whisper. My eyes fall on his lips. I try to comprehend the situation. I'm definitely dreaming. But I guess I like this dream.

“You heard me, mia vita, dance with me. Please?”

***************************************

A/N

I know , this chap is small - but I promise, I will make up that with the upcoming chap !

Iam planning to write the next chap in Asher's pov - Gosh ! Iam more excited than Arya ,Rn!!!!

---
Vote and comment ❤️🦋