Episode 6: I'm sorry

Y/N Pov

Y/N: Sit down.

I see Elizabeth sit on the couch, picking her nails. I notice she does that a lot. I start to pace around the small living room in my trailer. I feel Elizabeth's eyes follow my every movement; she's waiting for me to talk. I'm trying to gather all my thoughts and feelings so I don't explode.

Y/N: So, um, what do you remember about that?

Lizzie: Nothing, I... y/n, I didn't know about that.

Y/N: Oh, don't bullshit me, Elizabeth. Of course, you knew. How could you not know?

Lizzie: I swear I didn't. No one told me anything.

Y/N: I don't believe you. You were dating him. Were you really that blind? Or did you just choose to ignore every single thing he did to me?

Lizzie: Y/N, please, you have to believe me. I didn't know. I knew he teased you a little, but I didn't know it got that far.

Y/N: Teasing? You think he was just making small, innocuous jokes at me?

Y/N: Your little boyfriend made my life a living hell!

Lizzie: Tell me how! What did you do to make him put you in the hospital?

Y/N: What did I do? Are you seriously asking me that? What did I do?

Y/N: The only thing I did was finally stand up for myself after years of bullying.

Lizzie: Y/N, sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that.

Y/N: Save it. You want to pretend you didn't know what happened? Let's pretend. I'll tell you what happened.

Y/N: Your psycho boyfriend tormented me from day one just because I talked to you. My first day of school, when I ran into you and you fell, that's when it all started. I don't know if he felt intimidated by me or what. Which I don't think so, because according to him, I was this gigantic cow. I was short and nerdy, but still, he decided to punish me for even breathing the same air as you.

Y/N: Every single day of high school, I was met with beatings, hurtful insults. They threw my things into the trash, they stole my books. They made me feel so insecure and small.

Lizzie: They?

Y/N: Ethan and his gang, the boyfriends of your best friends.

Y/N: Anyway, a few days after our graduation, I was walking back home from the grocery store when I felt someone following me. Then all of a sudden, a car stopped in front of me, and Ethan walked out. He was drunk and had a bottle in his hand.

Y/N: He started screaming at me, telling me it was all my fault, that you decided to leave for the whole summer because you told him I was stalking you and making you feel uncomfortable, and that he had to protect you. So he threw the bottle at me and hit me in the head.

Y/N: I fell and felt the back of my head bleeding. He grabbed me by the shirt and threw me into an alley. He started to kick me in the torso while I was down, but then I grabbed his leg and made him fall. I knew that was my only chance to defend myself from him.

Flashback

I got up feeling dizzy and saw Ethan lying on the floor, trying to get up but failing because of his intoxicated state.

Y/N: Ethan, that's enough! I'm sick of you making me feel so bad about myself.

I kicked him, and he grabbed his stomach in pain. God, that felt good.