彡 Lovely Lass

Old timeless bronze knob is pulled until a, "Click," ends it.

From the pocket of her coral-colored dress. Taking out several keys held together by a metal ring. Fumbling on which key it is. In the lock, twisting the key.

"Th- . Tk- . . Tck . . .

-Tchk!"

-Tchk!"

The shop's door locked shut.

"Okay, let's go home!" Suggesting excited like almost insisting.

Turning to face Crim.

"No," he said.

With eyes half-closed, his voice deadpan but agitated. His hands on his collar pulling it then adjusting his sleeves.

"Can I just... stay in the store, for a short while."

"Hmm... nope, let's go home," she says, glancing up at him.

.
.
I'm not asking."

"I do not want. To. Go. To. That. House," he makes it clear, pausing after each word to let it sink in her head.

She lowers her eyes, down, and then back to his face, his hair dark-bluish. This time, she sighs, trying to get through to Crim.

"Crim, Dad is not there to boss you around and yell."

Sighing one more time, "I don't even know how you got in the store last night."

Just because he thought that dad is coming home last yesterday Crim immediately vanished. She thought.

He reacts, "No," and crosses his arms.

"They were sent weeks ago, so it is possible he completed whatever his job was and probably on his way home. I saw folds and smudges on that letter and the ink slightly faded."

"C'mon, Crim-," she pleaded, reaching a hand to take hold of his deep red sleeves.

Averting from her touch. He steps back.

His eyes glaring.

At her hand that tried to reach him.

He adds, turning away, his face away from her view. "No, I won't come, little lass." He adjusts his deep crimson jacket by giving the sleeves a strong tug.

"Well... okay, bye."

She gives a big wave and smiles but slows as he steps away. Moving farther and farther, passing by several shops less than a moment with his wide gait. Before turning a corner, out of her sight.

She gets irritated and replies wagging her head, "He always does this."

Her smile falls but then perks up higher than ever.