*‧₊˚༺ Cool About It ༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

April 19th, 2024

Kate ⭐️

Currently I was dreading my day. I'd been packing up my apartment since we'd gotten back to Iowa City and now I was trying to secure an Airbnb to stay in while I was starting out in Vegas.

I had less than two weeks until the Aces training camp and I was leaving tonight for Kelsey Plum's DAWG class camp. I was excited to play with some of the girls from college while prepping for my new team. It was only a few days in Florida and then I was back and fourth for days to get ready for my new team.

I didn't know if I make the roster but I had hope. If I didn't I'd probably go back to Iowa and join the staff there since my aunt Jan and coach Bluder said I'd always have a place there.

I finished packing my suitcase and texted my friend Nika who was also going this year since she'd been drafted to the Storm.

Nika Muhl 💙

Kate 🌟
Hey Nika!
Nika 💙
Hey Kate!
You ready for tomorrow??
Kate 🌟
So excited but definitely nervous
I wanna impress Kelsey before LV
camp starts

Nika 💙
Yeah I totally get that
But Vegas ain't ready for you girl!!
Kate 🌟
Aw thanks Nik ❤️
I can't wait to see you tear
it up in Seattle
Nika 💙
You know it
Anyways we're going for pizza
so I'll catch you later
Kate 🌟
    Tell the girls I said hi
See you in Florida!
read at 12:13
Nika 💙
❤️ to "See you in Florida!"

"Kate!"

I hear the door open and close as Caitlin comes in with her phone and keys in hand. She walks through to the kitchen where I'm sitting in front of my MacBook.

"Yeah sorry I was texting Nika."

"Oh yes my Kelsey Plum babies!" I let out a low laugh as she send me a smile. Our phones ding and she checks hers while I plug in my laptop and get off the stool I was on.

"Okay, Hannah and Tay are on their way and Gabbie, Jada, Kylie, AJ and Molly are on the way." She takes a second to breathe after all the people she named.

"Ava and Sydney haven't responded but I know Syd had a class today."

I nod in response. We were having a small dinner to celebrate me and Caitlin's drafting and Gabbie going to UNC to get her masters.

"Lemme go change real quick and we can go." I put my phone in my pocket as I head to my bedroom. Cait sits on the couch to wait.

I decide on my signature. A white tank with a black open button up. I throw on some black cargos and my Sambas. I fix my sun necklace and brush my hair before leaving my room.