Big Brother

"Brotha, I'll just go for a stroll. I'll be back early."

"And where are you going?" he asked with one eyebrow raised while wearing his usual blank expression.

"ugh.. I kinda have a.. date.."

Hesitation became rigid in his eyes. I saw it on how his jaw clenched. His breathing became noticeably heavy and what's more odd is his balled fists.

"With who?" he asked calmly, as if he was a bomb that'll explode anytime if didn't keep his calm.

"With Jake, bra."

"Jake who? Where does he live? How old? Give me his facebook account."
he asked nonstop.

"Jake Villegas. Lives across phase 2, he's just my age. And puh-lease, not his facebook account." I puckered my lips, as if it was the key for him to stop.

"Stop pouting." he rolled eyes and afterwards narrowed it. "Don't pout like that infront of him, okay? He might kiss you and I might beat the hell out of him."

"Oh puh-lease, bro. You're being paranoid, chill okay? Jake's a good guy. And.. I like him.."

"You like him.. but you love me, right?"

The corners of my lips curved upward upon hearing his question, he sounded so cute. He sounded like a five-year-old kid begging for love. I nodded eagerly as I widened my arms and welcomed him with a tight embrace. "Of course, duh! Isn't it obvious? You're the first guy I loved and also the last guy I'll hate!" it was a reflex for me to give him a peck on the cheek after that.

His cheeks turned into a tomato. God, it was burning. It seemed like he was carrying all the blood in his bloodstream in his cheeks. But nothing's new, his cheek had always been rosy eversince we were kids. He avoided my gaze which made my forehead crease.

What is his problem now?

"tsss. You're telling me that, as if you're not gonna have a date with that Jake. I thought you love me?" he asked, eyeing me with scrutiny.

His action earned a chuckle from me. "Jesus! Of course, from time to time I'll go out on dates! You don't want to be single for life, don't you? And besides, dating other guys wouldn't lessen my love for you. You're still the most important guy in my life!"

He rolled his eyes heavenwards while saying something I didn't understand. Here he goes again. He'd always been like that when he's upset. He'd murmur gibberish things that only he could understand.

He released a heavy sigh. "Am I really not enough?" pursing his lips, he shook his head. "Nah. Nevermind."

"Come on.." I plopped down beside him. "Just give this day to me. Please?" I plead.

"Whatever. I don't plan on marrying someone eh. I don't need any other girl. All I need is Mom and you."

"Aww. How sweet." I pinched his cheeks. "You are soooo handsome, big bra."

His face brightened. "You think I'm handsome?"

I nodded. "But because of your apft features, you look almost like a girl. .. In fact, you're even prettier than me."

He frowned. "Is that even possible?"

"Of course!"

"Other than me, name one?"

"Oo naman!"

"Sino?"

"Ikaw!" tumawa ako. "Tsaka yung nga koryano at hapon dyan sa tabi-tabi."

"You're changing the topic. Let's go back to that asshole.. hmm.. who's that again? ah! Jake!"hinimas himas nya ang baba nya. "Are you going to give me his facebook account or what?"