១⎚ᡃ࡚ࠢ࠘﹏𖠣

14
↳It's a normal day at U.A., or as normal as things get here. After the morning classes, I walk into the cafeteria, spotting Kirishima at a table. I grab my food and head over to sit with him. "Hey, Red, mind if I join you?"

Kirishima looks up and grins. "Sure, Y/N! Sit down!"

I plop down across from him, digging into my food. "So, what's your deal, Kirishima? Why'd you wanna be a hero?"

 "So, what's your deal, Kirishima? Why'd you wanna be a hero?"

He laughs, scratching the back of his head. "I guess I've always wanted to protect people, you know? And I think being a hero is the manliest way to do that."

I smirk. "Manly, huh? Well, I can get behind that. But for me, it's all about giving my brother a better life. Everything I do is for him."

Kirishima nods seriously. "That's really manly, Y/N! Family's important."

"I guess that's right," I say, taking a big bite of my food. "So, you got any family?"

"Yeah, I've got a couple of sisters. They're pretty awesome. Always cheering me on."

I grin. "Sounds nice. Must be cool to have people rooting for you."

We chat about our families for a bit, and I find out Kirishima's got a pretty solid background. He's got a supportive family, good friends, and a clear sense of right and wrong. It's refreshing to talk to someone so straightforward.

"So, what's your quirk, anyway?" I ask between bites.

"Hardening," he says, flexing his arm. His skin turns rock-hard, and he grins. "Makes me tough as nails."

I nod appreciatively. "Nice. Bet that comes in handy during a fight."

"You bet! But your chainsaws are pretty badass too. How'd you come up with the idea to use them like that?"

I shrug. "Desperation, mostly. Had to survive, so I figured out how to use my quirk to my advantage."

Kirishima's eyes widen. "You're a survivor, huh? That's really cool, Y/N. You're tough."

"Yeah, well, you gotta be tough to make it out there." I lean back, crossing my arms. "But enough about me. What's your goal, Red? You got any big dreams?"

He smiles, a bit sheepish. "I guess I just want to be a hero people can rely on. Someone who's always there to help."

"Simple and to the point. I like it," I say with a nod. "You're a good guy, Kirishima."

As we finish our food, Bakugo walks by and scowls at us. "What are you two lovebirds talking about?"

I roll my eyes. "Jealous, Bakugo? We're just talking about hero stuff, something you of all people wouldn't understand."

Bakugo snorts. "As if I'd be jealous of you, chainsaw bastard."

Kirishima chuckles. "Come on, Bakugo, we're just having a friendly chat."