chapter 1- where it all began

Disclaimer: none of this is real and the names of marjories parents are made up

Marjorie Van Gould was born on the 15th of January to her parents Diana Van Gould and Paul Van Gould.

Parents pov:

''isn't she just perfect!'' Diana said excitedly. ''Yes, she looks like an angel, I already know she's gonna get far in life.'' Paul replied.
*the doctor walks in*
''You are now free to leave Mrs and Mr Van Gould'' the doctor said
''Thank you so much!'' Diana responded
*Paul turns to face Diana*
"So have you thought of a name for our little angel yet?" Paul asked.
''Yes! I was thinking we could name her marjorie! What do you think?'' Diana replied feeling the anxiety build up.
"That's perfect mylove!" He responds noticing Diana is nervous. He reached for one of Diana's hands and said ''it's going to be alright gorgeous"

Paul took Diana's hand whilst carrying Marjorie in the other. He walked outside the hospital and towards the car which was parked half way across the car park.
Mr Van Gould opened the door for his wife then went to the back seat of the car to fasten baby marjorie into the carseat.
''Looks like our little princess is all strapped in and safe!'' Paul said with a massive smile on his face. He walked to the drivers side and opened the door.
"Are you ready to go mylove?" He excitedly said whilst putting the keys into the ignition.
"Yep I'm ready!" Mrs Van Gould replied with whilst putting her seat belt on.
Paul started the car and slowly reversed out of the parking spot where they had parked

30 minutes later

The Van Gould family arrived home, they unpacked all the bags from the hospital and grabbed baby marjorie. They headed inside and Mrs Van Gould placed Marjorie in her cott.
"Isn't she just adorable, it's like we've been blessed!" Mrs Van Gould said in a cheerful tone. Mr Van gould walked over to the cott. "I know! Hopefully one day she will be just as successful as me!" He replied. Mrs Van Gould rolled her eyes at him "will you stop going on about how successful you are? It gets really annoying" she responded.
"Are you seriously gonna stand here and  argue with me infront of the baby!?" Paul responded. "Sorry..lets just go to bed" Diana muttered. They both got into bed, and kept a close eye on baby marjorie.

(Going to skip a few years so the story line makes sense x)

Marjories 5th birthday

On the morning of marjories first birthday she had been woken up to a loud thud downstairs. She slowly got out of her bed, got her slippers on and tip toed downstairs. To her surprise her father had been lying on the floor unconscious with her mother stood over him with a massive grin on her face.

"M..mommy..? What h..happened to D..daddy?" Marjorie stuttered. "Oh nothing sweetheart go back upstairs and ill shout you back down soon so you can open your presents!" Diana replied in a calming tone. Marjorie headed back upstairs not knowing what was happening, she had so many thoughts in her head like what happened to her dad, was he okay? Marjorie sat down on the edge of her bed that had been decorated with colourful stickers on the bedframe. Slowly, she grabbed her pastel pink blanket and wrapped it around her self. "Why does mummy and daddy keep fighting" she said as she picked up one of her teddies and hugged it tight.

40 minutes pass

"Marjorie! Time to come down!" Her mother yelled.
"Okay ill be there in a minute mummy!" marjorie responds whilst unwrapping her self with the blanket and placing it on the bed. She ran downstairs with the Teddy still in her hand and looked over to her father who was now conscious.
"Daddy!! Your awake! Are you okay?" She asked whilst smiling.
"Yes I'm okay my little princess" Paul replied "are you ready to open your presents?" He asked.
"Yess!!" Marjorie said excitedly. She reached for a medium sized box that was sat in the middle of all her other presents. Cautiously, she opened the box to find a smaller box inside of it. She opened it to find a small heart pendant with a picture of her, her mother and her father. Marjories face instantly lit up. "Aww look it's us three mummy! I love it!" She said whist handing it to her mum. "Can u please put it on mummy?" She asks.
"Ofcourse I can darling!" Diana responded. Her mother gently unclipped the back and put it around marjories neck. She clipped it back up and turned towards her. "There you go princess" Diana smiled whilst she placed a kiss on marjories forehead.

The argument

(This is till apart of marjories 5th birthday)

Mr Van Goulds phone rung, he glanced over at the caller and stepped out of the room to take it. Diana stepped closer to the kitchen and pushed her ear against the door. She could hear Paul's voice and a woman's voice on speaker. The anger rose up inside of her,she clenched  her fists and barged through the door.
"WHAT THE HELL PAUL!? ARE YOU CHEATING AGAIN?!" She shouted.
"N..no she's just a c..collegue" He stuttered whilst hanging up the call.
"I CANT BELEIVE YOU WOULD DO THIS TO ME AGAIN! WERE OVER PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" She said whilst she grabbed a glass and threw it at him. Without hesitation he packed his bags and left...

Thanks so much for reading this chapter please pm me ideas for future chapters!