O2 ‒ Bond

GETTING ready for the night, Nari sat on her bed wearing her pyjamas and a hair wrap for her curls

GETTING ready for the night, Nari sat on her bed wearing her pyjamas and a hair wrap for her curls. She yawned, fatigue crawling in and her eyes felt like closing.

She would've loved getting sleep but she loved being up to date with all her classes. Taking a quick glance at her phone, the time read '11:30 pm'.

Most of her scheduled lessons that her family wanted her to take took up most of her day so, she only had the night for it. Nari thought she could've continued her notes the next day but she hated the idea of being behind.

Copying her notes, she felt a slight burn on her left wrist- not paying attention to it she just scratched it. For a few seconds, the burn died down but then reignited- swarming her whole wrist.

Nari grimaced at the pain and looked at her left wrist with confusion. Her eyebrows drew in, biting her lip as she rubbed her thumb over the burning sensation.

Swiping her thumb, a letter appeared which surprised the girl. Her mouth dropped a little, staring at the engraved letter,

"J?" Nari mumbled.

Using her witty brain cells, Nari already came to the conclusion she had her soulmate bond with the only guy she had stared at. Whose name also started with 'J'.

"Huh... Jisung." She whispered.

Remembering his features and his tense demeanour, she became curious. Why did the world choose him for her?

She wasn't opposed to it but, being the smart and headstrong girl- she was hoping for someone who would sweep her off her feet. But her bodyguard?

Well, she assumed he was her bodyguard.

"Poor Jisung, he doesn't even know how strict my grandpa is," Nari muttered.

"SHE doesn't know I'm protecting her," Jisung said, talking to Chenle on the phone.

Sleeping didn't come easy to the boy, fiddling with his butterfly knife as he lay in his bed. His room was basically pitch black, not a single stream of light entering through the curtains.

"Great. Now, can I hang up? I want to sleep." Chenle said.

"Really?" Jisung asked in disbelief.

"Uh yeah- I have a date tomorrow," Chenle answered and ended the call.

Jisung scoffed, shaking his head as he put his phone on his nightstand. He sighed as he closed his eyes, trying to sleep again.

He could see it again. The bright red flames roared intensely, choking Jisung as his body froze instead of drifting to sleep.

Opening his eyes again, he got up from his bed and walked over to his little desk. Switching on the desk lamp, there were small trinkets on the table that twinkled like stars.