𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝗈

┌── •✧• ──┐

└── •✧• ──┘

└── •✧• ──┘

ARKANSAS IS SOMEWHERE MARJORIE NEVER WANTED TO GO BACK TO. The state was filled with nothing but bad memories for her, but here she was standing on the front porch of a farmhouse in Arkansas.

Rebekah had called Klaus after they got Elijah into the car at the diner, after telling him what happened Rebekah was told to take them to a safe house in Arkansas.

The house was used by the Mikaelson's back when they fled New Orleans from Mikael, they stayed there that Christmas before having to go on the run once more.

Marjorie had to admit that it was a beautiful place, the barn and fences needed some work along with a few portions of the rest of the house. But it was a roof over their head and a safe place, which is all they could really ask for.

Rebekah had taken to decorating the entire house for fall, she had already lit a bunch of pumpkin spice candles and hung orange lights and fall leaf garlands above the fire place, over all the windows, door facings, and wrapped it around the banister.

It looked very festive and Marjorie couldn't complain, she loved decorating it was something she looked forward to doing for every season. In her opinion having cute decorations just put her in a better mood.

Killian was outback cutting some firewood, Rebekah had found a fall wreath as was hanging it on the front door, and Elijah was leaning up against the fireplace in the living room lost in thought.

He had been quiet since they got to the house, Marjorie couldn't blame him. She knows he must be overwhelmed by all the memories and thoughts in his head.

It wasn't like they could expect for him to just bounce back immediately after what he went through. Psychological torture is different that just physical, because eventually the remanence of physical torture goes away especially when you're a vampire.

But psychological torture, that stuff stays with you. It plays in your mind day in and day out no matter how much you try to just "get over it" and move on.

Marjorie knows that better than anyone. After what she went through when Genevieve knocked her out and placed the sleeping spell on her, it took her months to feel normal again.

That was just 17 years of emotions and memories. Elijah has over a thousand years of them, over a thousand years of painful memories that have been pushed to the surface of his mind for the first time in centuries.