Chapter 1

Author's Note: And we're back! Please enjoy the final ride. 

Close to a year later, Velaris greeted the day with a bright, clear morning, sunlight streaming through the windows of Lowen and Azriel's bedroom. Inside, the atmosphere was light and playful, the couple entangled in their sheets, laughter echoing off the walls.

Azriel, with a mischievous grin, tried to pin Lowen down, his hands skillfully attempting to capture hers as she wriggled beneath him. Every move he made, she countered with a fluid grace, slipping away from his grasp like water. Their laughter was punctuated by playful taunts and the rustling of bedding.

"If you don't behave and be still," Azriel warned with a playful growl, his eyes twinkling with the thrill of the chase.

"I'll make you regret it."

Lowen's eyes sparkled with delight at the challenge, and her response was a gleeful dare.

"Do your worst," she teased, her voice laced with excitement.

Azriel's smirk turned wicked as his shadows came to life, curling playfully through Lowen's hair and gently but firmly wrapping around her wrists and ankles. Her delighted squeal filled the room, quickly transforming into laughter as Azriel maneuvered beneath her, positioning her on top of him with her back pressed warmly against his chest.

The laughter soon morphed into soft moans as Azriel's lips traced a path down the back of her neck, his tongue leaving a trail of shivers in its wake. In a smooth, seamless motion, he aligned himself at her entrance, and they both gasped as he entered her gently, their breaths mingling in the quiet morning air.

His shadows, ever obedient and part of their intimate dance, lifted her wrists above her head, securing them there. Azriel's arm encircled her waist to hold her close, while his other hand ventured forward, fingers playing deftly, driving her towards the brink with fervent urgency. Her cries echoed in the room as she squirmed, seeking more, her hips attempting to draw him deeper.

But Azriel controlled the tempo, maintaining a tantalizingly slow pace, teasing her by allowing only partial depth with each deliberate thrust.

"Do you want more of me?" Azriel's voice was a low drawl, thick with promise.

Lowen nodded quickly, her breath catching.

"Yes."

"Didn't I tell you I'd make you regret all that squirming earlier?" he teased, his breath hot against her ear.

A sharp groan escaped her as he gently bit and then soothed her earlobe with his tongue, flicking the sensitive tip and eliciting an involuntary moan from her depths.

"Please," she breathed out, her voice a desperate whisper.

She felt the shadows around her wrists and ankles tighten in response, a delicious reminder of his control as they played this tantalizing game of give and take.

Azriel's fingers danced skillfully over her, intensifying the pleasure that made her writhe beneath his touch. Meanwhile, his shadows caressed her breasts, teasing her nipples into sharp peaks as he lavished her neck with soft, sucking kisses, his tongue tracing the delicate skin, tasting her.

Suddenly, the relentless stimulation tipped Lowen over the edge. A gasp tore from her lips as a powerful climax washed over her, her body clenching tightly around him. Azriel held her steady through the waves of her release, his presence a grounding force. She relaxed against him, her gray hair cascading messily over his chest.

She turned her head towards him, and his hand gently cradled her throat, guiding her into a hungry kiss. As their lips met, his shadows assertively tugged at her ankles, drawing her down onto him forcefully, eliciting a sharp cry from her lips. Azriel's fingers returned to her, teasing and playing, while his shadows pulled her down further, allowing him to drive himself deeper with each thrust. He met each of her movements with his own, burying himself within her, feeling the tight clasp of her walls around him.