A Message Told Once

It was a bright sunny afternoon. The shores were high and the waves brought the scent of the ocean from faraway lands. It is beautiful, yet we can miss this beauty. Just like how mountains rise and fall, not everyone can appreciate this wonder. Much like how time gives us friends, we never realize how much has happened.

But God has seen these events, and only God can truly appreciate what happens in our world. What might be seen as disasters are just the motions of the waves to God. Waves that crash and destroy but also deliver life, food, and nourishment to the shore.

Maybe our world is like that, unbeknownst to anyone, our lives are like waves. Crashing and pushing onto a shore. But the waves don't burden themselves with what they carry nor do the waves think about where they crash.

Perhaps we should realize that we share many similarities with the waves. We move, we carry, we sustain life, and continue crashing. But do the waves ever complain about the pain of crashing? Do the waves fear getting stuck in a cave? Do the waves ever contemplate death? Or do the waves ever think about how they live their lives?

Unlike us, the waves don't think they are the winds or the sun. They exist as waves. Does a sheep think beyond being a sheep? So why does man try to think beyond themselves? Perhaps that is a blessing for humanity. As much as we are like the sea, we can be much more.