🕷️🎱˙⋆✮ Attention ✮⋆˙🎱🕷️

April 19th, 2024

Kate ⭐️

I'd been practicing since I had arrived. Kelsey had an Uber bring us here and it had been very easy so far. My roommate wasn't here yet and I didn't know who I'd be staying with. I got in and laided out my clothes for dinner before going to the gym to practice. Nika had come earlier than me and she was already there so we played together.

After a while more girls filed in and then finally I spot a girl come in with a white sweatsuit on. I don't notice much about her until she removed her hood and I see her hair fall out of its messy bun.

The brown locs fall down her shoulders and she pushes them from her face. I continue to dribble as she sets her stuff down. I shoot and make my three as she grabs her own ball. I knew this was my chance so I walk behind her as she comes back around.

"Wanna play one on one?" I ask her slyly and a grin brings itself to my lips. Her hair flows and she turns to face me.

"Kate. Hi." She places her ball down and brings up a scrunchie to pull up her hair. Her sweatshirt raised and I could see her abs peeking under it.

"So you wanna play?" She gives me a smirk.

"Do you wanna lose?" I return her expression and walk to put my ball away as she takes off her sweatshirt. My eyes stay glued to her as I return on her now exposed stomach in the simple crop top she has on.

"Let's ball."

She starts at half court and dribbles around me. I'm quick at her feet but she's just a fast as she gets around me for an easy layup.

"I always stay winning." She cuts her eyes before sending me a laugh. I can feel my nerves rise but I don't let it stop me from coming back. We reset and now I have it I dribble around her before coming past the line and doing a step-back three.

"Actually Money Martin, stays winning."

She rolls her eyes before rebounding the ball. Right as she does Kelsey come in and gathers all of us.

"Ladies! I'm so happy you could all be here. Tonight as you know we are going to dinner. Tomorrow the excitement begins but first I wanted you all to become better acquainted."

We all slightly look around more. I knew these girls from playing at Iowa. Most were around my age. I guess a little younger but probably Cait's age.

"Well I'll give yall some time to change if you'd like and please all meet me back here by 9:00. Also, please talk your roommates. I want everyone to be comfortable and feel great. Ok be free!"

We all start walking back to the dorms. They're about a 5 minute walk from the main gym. Most girls are on their phones or talking to others. I walk with my hands in my pockets and just stare at the sky. Once I'm inside the dorm building I take the steps up to the rooms. I watch everyone shuffle in before I get to my own room.

When I get in I notice whoever I'm staying with is in the bathroom so I walk to my bed. There's only one bag on the bed but nothing else. Guess she's a light packer. I move my clothes over and stretch out on the bed. I open tiktok and scroll for a little before the door opens. I see a braid swing before Kai walks into the room.

She was looking at her apple watch before she realized I was in the room.

"Hi again." She gave me a small smile. I watched as she sat on her bed and pushed her hair back while sighing. Words sit in my throat before I hear them being spoken.

"Is everything okay?" I ask. I wanna go hug her and ask more but I don't want her to push me off.
My face slowly saddens as she looks back up.

"Yeah today's just been a lot." She slowly wipes her baby hairs back and suddenly I feel myself get up.