𝟎𝟓𝟒. 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

AN UNLIKELY FRIEND
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-four,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-four, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋, 𝐈'𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑. Sadly, today is the day I find out who my partner is for the literature project, so I need to go to school even though my legs are screaming at me to stay in bed.

   I force myself to walk downstairs, and I step into the diner to find my dad already holding a cup of coffee towards me. "You're my favourite dad," I say, leaning my head against his arm.

   "I bet you say that to all your dads."

   I sigh, leaning back against the counter and sipping my coffee. "I'm so tired."

   "If you want to, you can sleep in, kid."

   I shake my head, but my body definitely wants me to stay in bed. For my health, I should stay in bed, but I can't. I have priorities. I have school. "No, I find out who my literature partner is for the poetry project."

   "Poetry project?" Dad questions.

   "Yup." I sigh, finding that the poetry project sounds extremely boring. "Our teacher picks the partners. We analyse ten poems together, and just before the Christmas break, we have to do a presentation to the class, discussing each poem in great, painful detail."

   "Sounds boring," Dad replies, and I hum in agreement because everything sounds boring to me at the moment.

   "Well, it's worth fifty percent of my final grade, so I need to──"

   "Fifty percent?" I nod, staring at him strangely. "And you don't get to pick your partner? Oh, good luck, kid."

   I frown. "I know. What if I get..." I grimace. "Chuck Presby." If I get him, I might have to give up on my dreams to Yale because I cannot, under any circumstances, work with the guy that my cousin punched just last year. I hate that guy.