Chapter 5~Courtney's Opportunity

Today I was asked to be in the annual Trick or No Trick trick riding competition along with 15-20 other riders: the best in the US. I was honored. Mom and Dad are so proud of me. They're going to let me do it. I'm going to take the chance, take the risk. I'm going to prove I can be more. I'm going to do the competition. Mom and Dad are glad to let me participate. I can't wait to meet everyone else who are entered in the competition. Thanks for letting me do this Mom and Dad! Thanks for giving me the chance of a lifetime! Thanks bunches!

I drive to the outside track where the competition will be taking place. It's a huge track. I see another girl glancing at me from the field outside the track. She must be one of the other competitors. I gulp. I then park and unload Lilly from the trailer. I soon come face to face with the girl I saw before. Her name is Andrea Jackson. She's 16 years old with dark brown hair and equally dark brown eyes. She doesn't make me one bit nervous. I check out the other competitors. There is Mia Triton, Andy Zupperman, Aleesa Audrey, Michael Callahan, Xavier and Zachary Miller, Ruby Jonson, Miller Wright, Emily Burgh, Fredrick Gees, and Fey Dunmire. That's 12. I'm sure more will be striving shortly. Then Mark Todos pulls in. He's a native from Mexico. He's been trick riding since he was little. Soon after him, Jeffy Jones pulls in. Alexis Monsoon pulls in soon after him. She's one of the best of the best. We all are or else we wouldn't be here. Greta Ziffs pulls in. She's from Russia originally. Then Marco Sanders pulls in. He's really handsome. Then soon after him, three more pull in: Jack Russell, Amber and Anne Chinkling, and Jock Wellington. That makes around 22-25 of us total. That's me included. We are signed in, given our numbers, and with our horses ready to compete within 30 minutes at most. Then the competition starts. My family is there to cheer me on. For that, I'm grateful. This is really the first time I've done trick riding alone like ever. I've always had my team but I'm not nervous even though I should be. I'm the second one up after Andrea. She doesn't scare me though. I could best her in a heartbeat with my eyes closed. That's the truth too. She is soon done and I'm up. I score all around perfect. My tricks are astounding even for me. I didn't know I was that good. No wonder they wanted me in this competition. My tricks and talent are unbelievable. I have the top score right now. That pleases me.