Party

The woods is peaceful. I love the feeling of switching to my wolf and running for miles. No worries no thoughts. I'm part wolf. I'm the runt of my family. No one really pays too much attention to me which works out in my favor. Most of my siblings are already mated. Some have pups of their own and some are just mated. I don't want to be mated yet. My 18th birthday is tomorrow and my friends have planned a party. They've invited wolves from all around the state. I'm glad to have friends like that. I usually don't do too much for my birthday. Even though I don't get much attention from my parents they always remember to celebrate my birthday. But this year I just want to celebrate with my friends.

"Hey, Rose!" Liam shouts to me. I turn and smile. We've been friends since we're pups. I always hoped that we would be mates. By the time we get past 18, we can feel the mate pull, and I hope I'm with him. I just want to continue living normally. I would hate being an Alphas mate. Too much pressure for both parties and also too much for me.

"Hi! What's up?" I ask.

"I think I have an idea for your birthday cake! But I just want to ask; what do you want for flavor? Like flavor on the cake?" He asks.

"Hmm... I think that I would like red velvet! I love that!" I smile. He nods then takes off. I sit by the pond. I glance at the water seeing the reflection of my wolf. My coat is a beautiful white coat with one brown heart shape on my right ear. The crickets start to make their sound in the distance while I breathe in the fresh end of summer smell. Smiling to myself I talk to my wolf.

Do you think we'll find the one at the party? She asks me. I shake me head.

Probably not. Who knows. I don't really want to find my mate until 20! I laugh. She sighs in annoyance. The moon goddess has others plans though and it's not up to me.

Waking up from a quick nap I realize that it's getting dark. I should probably start heading back to the pack house. I pick up a whiff of pork. Someone is making food at the pack house! Pork sounds so good! I start to dash to the house faster.

I see many warriors still training and some elders talking. There's some pups running around while the parents talk to each other. I love how lively our pack is. Especially near full moons.

"Ooh is Rose ready to turn into an adult tomorrow?" Ash says to me as I see her in the house.

"Yep! I'm not sure what you guys have planned but I'm super excited!"

"Oh we have a lot! Plus we have wolves coming from different packs! You can meet others!" As exclaims.

"Awesome! I can't wait! Is someone making pork?"

"Oh yeah. The chef is making pork with some other stuff! We haven't had pork in months!" I nod. It has been a while. Just thinking of that makes my stomach growl. I run up to my room and lay down.

————
Party

I get to the address they sent me. Today has been an average day mostly, minus a few birthday things.

When I get to the house I see lights flashing and loud music. I hope they didn't do too much but considering it's Ash, she probably went all out.

"Welcome birthday girl!" Ash shouts over the crowd of people.

"Thanks!" I shout back smiling. That's when I notice someone who isn't in our pack steps through the door. The guy is definitely ripped. He has black hair and blue eyes. My wolf becomes excited. She's jumping seeing this random guy. The crowd goes quiet.

"Alpha Jules!" A guy says to the guy. I think he sees me staring at him. Once our eyes lock, he immediately smiles.

"Mate!" He shouts excitedly. I stare blankly. I don't want to be a mate to an alpha.

———————-
Authors note:
I'm writing this late at night so forgive me! Don't forget to vote! Sorry this was short once I'm done with this story I'll go back and do some editing!