Forbidden Desire

WARNING! This story contains mature content and is not suitable for young people!

(If you're sensitive and this may be against your perspective, then better not read it.)

The sun was already rising in the sky, its rays illuminating Aga's messy hair and his sweat covered his forehead. He was busy taming his horse as he is guiding it to its designated stall, when he heard the honk of a car not too far from him.

"Aga, my brother!"

He instantly turned his head upon hearing the familiar voice of his half-brother, whom he hadn't seen in a long time.

"Arielle!" A smile broke out on his lips as he watched Arielle run towards him, greeting him with a manly hug.

Aga tapped Arielle's back, "Kamusta ka?" Aga asked, his voice was natural husky and deep.

"It's been a long time, at mukhang amoy Amerika ka na." He tried to banter a joke, eyeing Arielle.

"Grabe ka 'tol! ganun pa din ako sa dati, mas lalo lang akong naging gwapo ngayon," Arielle jested.

Aga scrutinized him from head to toe, "Oo nga naman, medyo pumuti ka ng konti," he said, showing a small gap between his index finger and thumb to indicate the slight change.

It had been 15 years since they last saw each other. They have the same mother but had different fathers. Aga was an accident and an unwanted child. His mother had gotten pregnant by an American while working abroad before. Two years after Aga was born, his mother met Don Ramon, Arielle's father, who owned the hacienda that Aga managed. Don Ramon had been kind to Aga, so Aga repaid that kindness by taking care of the hacienda and plantation. The family went abroad when Arielle decided to continue his high school studies there, leaving Aga alone, but he understood their decision. He always do.

"Grabe ka talaga!" Arielle then wiggled his brows, "E, ikaw? Babaero ka pa din ba?" he asked, his hand resting on his jeans.

"Gago! Hindi ako babaero, sadyang lapitin lang ako ng mga babae," Aga replied telling him the difference.

"Oh? Balita ko, papalit-palit ka daw ng babae e," Arielle teased. Aga can shrugged his broad shoulder. "Ganun talaga, gwapo 'ko eh," his lips curved upward, flashing his deep dimples.

"Anyway, speaking of Mama, kamusta na pala siya at si Don Ramon?" Aga casually asked, mentioning his parents. He was still concerned about his mother despite leaving him.

"They're doing fine. But Mama's still the same, maingay pa din sa umaga. Wala ngang manok dun pero siya naman ang pumalit," Arielle jokingly narrated. "But don't worry, uuwi din sila mga two weeks from now." Aga furrowed his brows in curiosity.

"Bakit? Anong meron at uuwi sila? Akala ko ba gusto ni Mama sa Amerika na titira habang buhay?"

"Iyon nga tol, kaya kami uuwi kasi magpapakasal na ako," Arielle dropped the news, making Aga's eyes widen in shock.

"Magpapakasal ka?" Aga asked incredulously.

Arielle chuckled as if it was no big deal. "Oo, 'tol! Nasa tamang edad naman na ako, tsaka natapos ko na ang pag-aaral ko. Doctor na ako sa ibang bansa," he informed him, emphasizing that he was already on the right age to get married since he has a proper job as well. Something that a decent man should prepare before entering marriage.

"Sure ka na ba talagang magpapakasal kana?" Aga asked again, as he was observing his face. Maybe Aga know that marriage has never been a serious joke. It's a lifetime commitment, but there's some unfathomable emotions that hitting Aga upon hearing Arielle that he's already getting married.