7

Buckle up,  grab a snack, and enjoy the multi updates.

Part 1

Narrator POV :)

As days passed and the approaching visit was moments away, each staff member started to second guess themselves as they became nervous.   Some almost chose to back out.
Fate,  however,  had different plans.

One by one each person drove up in their own car with the last one being much later than the rest.  Three men and two women stood in front of the very misleading building,  reluctantly stepping through the doors.
Kareena,  the youngest,  spoke up first.
"This place is a dump, "  she said while waving away dust that now swirled in the air from disturbance.  Amir was next.
"It has been a long long time since it was used,  it could pass as a decade old attraction."  His Jamaican accent rang heavily while trying to lighten the mood.
"Not the time for jokes Amir."
Naomi kicked a box with a figurine,  adding to her nonchalant and moody attitude.

Harry sighed and put in the code for the door that lead further in,  already regretting ever coming back.   "I already hate this."
Naomi gave a small grunt and passed him,  "Wimp."   Benjamin was the last one to enter,  ushering Harry along with the rest of the group.   The halls felt like they stretched on and on,  each door they passed locked and hiding possibly something important.

The deeper they went the more of a dream it felt like,  especially when they saw all the carnage from the toy revolt.    For some reason though it seems like someone neatly stacked the miniatures that were visible in the up coming open room.
"Hey BJ,  wasn't Huggie Wuggie supposed to be standing right there when Playtime was open?"   Kareena asked,  her eyes locked on the platform that was barren.    Benjamin gave a nod of confirmation and answered.
"Yes, Mr. Ludwig took great pride and joy in how well the public took it and decided to make it a centre piece.   Now let's get back on track so that we can leave as soon as possible."   Everyone agreed and continued on.   

Some of the doors had grabpack locks that brought back memories of the difficult contraption,  making everyone wonder why that was necessary.
"Why did the boss think this was a smart idea?"  Naomi scoffed and shook her head.

It took them a little while till they got to the Play Station,  complete with a train and playground.  "This section used to be so lively... "  Amir trailer off while remembering the squealing children and an overbearing Mommy Long legs.   "Let us be quick,  I don't want to run into the Play Station attendant."   He shuddered and walled away.   Harry watched as Amir entered the offices first,  looking to Naomi for answers once Amir was gone.
"Mommy Long Legs was a nightmare to any and every staff member that was in her presence,  always staring unless occupied by kids."
Harry and Kareena both quickly glanced around to see if the sentient being was somehow watching them.   "Yeah let's just go."  Kareena pressed.

  They soon followed Amir into the offices and dug through tons of files,  both on desks and in cabinets.  None of them were able to find what they needed.
"What were we after again?"
The tension that now hung in the air could be easily cut with a knife at Kareena's question.

"The Critter Fusion Project."
Benjamin said, closed a filing cabinet and sat on a nearby desk while crossing his arms.

The Critter Fusion Project was like an unspoken taboo since the factory was shut down.   No one spoke about it,  no one recreated it.   The fact that Amir, Benjamin, Naomi, Kareena and Harry were even looking for it was enough to make anyone who survived the incident stone them.
They tried stalling a little longer by looking in places they haven't checked yet.
Maybe,  just maybe the whole project was ruined during the attack.

"With nothing here we all know where we need to go next."  Benjamin muttered.
Deep down they all knew this wasn't the end.  They couldn't just leave empty handed all for nothing.  Shuffling feet could be heard as nobody wanted to say anything.
After a few moments Harry spoke.
"PlayCare."