butterflies [s. moka]

very very cheesy!

"YOU KNOW, i never got what was so important about having your first kiss

"YOU KNOW, i never got what was so important about having your first kiss." you suddenly spoke, turning over in bed to face your best friend, sakai moka.

moka didn't reply but instead kept her focus on her phone. you ran a hand through your hair before allowing it to rest at your side, frustrated that she wasn't paying you any attention. so, you tried again. 

"all of our friends are talking about how great kissing is.. even iroha! but i don't get it. honestly, there's no point in.. "

you trailed off, turning to look at moka again when you realized she was laughing at you. 

"hey what's so funny, i'm being serious." you repeated.

"i know you are [y/n], but i'm honestly not sure why you keep asking me about it. i wouldn't know. i haven't had my first kiss either." she told you. 

"oh okay," you muttered. you were about to leave moka alone, when you'd suddenly had an idea. 

"you know, we should kiss each other."

your cheeks tinted with embarrassment as soon as the words left your lips, but you meant it. and if you were being honestly, this wasn't the first time you'd thought about kissing the japanese girl. 

for the first time since you started talking to moka, she took her attention away from her phone. moka quickly sat up and raised an eyebrow to look at you. 

"okay, i know it sounds weird but-"

"uhm, [y/n], your my best friend. and best friends definitely don't kiss each other." moka sassed. 

"yeah that's my point. since it'll be consensual and we're best friends, it won't be awkward. and if the kiss is that bad we can just laugh it off together," you explained. moka still looked skeptical but ended up agreeing with you. "okay that makes sense. come here."

"wait, what? i didn't think you-"

you were cut off when she moved closer, softly pressing her lips to yours. your eyes fluttered shut ass he moved her free hand to cup of the side of your cheek, and you both laid there completely still. it was as if time had slowed down and the only thing you could focus on were the butterflies fluttering in your stomach and your best friends' lips on yours. 

her lips were kind, soft and warm against your own. you knew that as soon as they met yours you'd be content with kissing her for the rest of your life. 

at that moment, much to your dismay, moka pulls away, putting a small distance between you two. her breathing slows and you can feel her shaky break fanning over your lips. 

"can we-" you start, hoping she's aware of the desperation in your eyes, "can we do that again?"