𝟎𝟓𝟔. 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

A GIRL'S NIGHT
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-six,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-six, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟐

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

   𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒, and for those thirteen years, I've never met anyone like her. I've never considered befriending another because she is quite literally the perfect best friend a girl could ask for.

For thirteen years, it's always just been the two of us. Sure, Nathan joined our duo before he and Addy broke up, and now he spends most of his time with his hockey buddies. We've never had another girl in our duo, but today our duo has become a trio.

   Today was the last day of school before the Christmas break, and we did our PP── poetry project── presentations. Me and Dean aced it, not that I'm bragging, but we did get a round of applause and the teacher gave us a metaphorical gold star. We don't find out our grades until after the holidays, but I'm confident that we did well.

   Addy and Lindsay also did extraordinary, and that brings me to right now.

   After school, Addy and Lindsay were talking, and I was invited to Lindsay's house for a little girl's night── something I've only ever done with Addy── and I agreed.

   Now we're sat in Lindsay's bedroom, sharing two pizzas, wearing face masks in our pjs while Notting Hill plays on the TV.

   "Hugh Grant is so dreamy," Addy says, mouthful of pizza, and Lindsay and I hum in agreement. "Elizabeth Hurley is a lucky woman."

   "Was a lucky woman, Ad."

   She shoots upwards, shock plastered on her face. "What?"

   "They broke up," Lindsay confirms.

   Addy flops back down, her head hitting the beanbag she's laying on── that she stole from me when I was in the bathroom. "I can't believe I didn't know that."

   "It was truly heartbreaking news," I say, picking up another slice of pepperoni pizza.

   It's strange how natural this all feels. Until today, Lindsay and I haven't exchanged many words. Sure, growing up, we knew of one another and we were kind to each other, but we've never done this. She's been spending a lot of time with Addy due to the project, and when they invited me, I nearly declined because I assumed they invited me out of pity but I also really didn't want to say no.