Home At Last

After an amazing night experiencing the famous Northern Lights, Marjorie and Reece had no choice but to return to their hotel room to prepare for the flight home the next morning.

They were both incredibly sad to leave Iceland, this holiday together was certainly the best in their opinions. However, both of them were more than ready to return home to the busy nursery manager life.

As soon as they returned to the hotel room, they went straight to sleep. Even though they didn't do much that day, they were exhausted.

*The Next Morning*

The alarm clock started blaring at 8am, Marjorie sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes. She thought she turned the alarm off, but she clearly didn't.

The woman grabbed her glasses and turned her head to see Reece still fast asleep beside her. His hair was an absolute mess, Marjorie moved some of his hair out of his face, trying not to startle him.

Her head was pounding, she still felt tired despite sleeping for over 10 hours. She got out of bed slowly to make some coffee for herself. By that time, Reece was awake.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Marjorie chuckled seeing her husband still waking up. "Morning" He got up and walked over to his wife.

Reece hugged his wife from behind, Marjorie grabbed his hands and they started swaying together. "We're going home today, gorgeous." The blonde whispered in her ear.

"I'm so excited." Marjorie spun around to face her lover, and kissed him gently. "I miss everyone."

"I do too. Can I go back to sleep now?" Reece was still half asleep, he rested his head on top of Marjorie's.
"No you can't! We still have to pack."

Reece groaned and walked away. "Well we better start packing now, our flight leaves in a few hours." Marjorie panicked as she noticed the time, their flight was at 2pm, and it was already 11am.

*One hour later*

It was finally time to leave. Everything was packed, passports were in hand. Marjorie was a bit emotional as they left the hotel.

"My love, I can't believe it's over." She started sobbing into her husband's chest. "Oh Marjorie, don't cry. It's okay, we can always come back."

"That's true." She sniffled as she lifted her head. Reece wiped away some of her tears, trying not to ruin her makeup. "Don't worry, we will be back soon, I love you." His wife smiled at him softly. "I love you too."

They headed to the car that would be taking them to the airport. Reece had booked first class seats on the plane for them both, he only wanted the best for his wife, she deserved to be spoiled.

The airport was quiet, which is what they loved. As soon as they arrived, they went through security and headed straight to boarding. The two didn't need to wait long until they were on the plane safely.

"You ready to go home now?" Reece smiled and grabbed his wife's as they settled into their seats. It was obvious that Marjorie was anxious, she had always had a fear of flying. She only nodded to Reece's response.

"You don't have to be nervous, gorgeous. We're safe." Reece kissed her gently, trying to help her calm down. "I know." She rested her head on her husband's shoulder as they began to take off.

*Three Hours Later*

The flight was incredibly long, tue couple was already exhausted and they could hardly sleep on the flight. But they were glad to finally be home.

The two called a cab to take them home. Autumn and Charlotte had been house sitting while they were away, so they know they would atleast be coming home to a clean home.

As soon as Marjorie spotted their home, she almost burst into tears again. As soon as the car stopped, she dragged Reece out and ran inside. Both Autumn and Charlotte were there, waiting for them to arrive.

"Welcome home!" Char opened the double doors to let them in, while Aut had huge bouquets of flowers in her hands. Marjorie ran up to Char and gave her a big hug. She knows Autumn doesn't like hugs so she didn't even offer.

"Marjorie, you can hug me occasionally, you know." Autumn opened her arms to allow her best friend to hug her. "Oh, I've missed you both so much!"

Reece finally caught up to his wife, he had to gather all their luggage from the car all by himself. He walked into his home, he was out of breath from carrying the luggage.

"Hey Charlotte! Autumn." Reece smiled at his friend and his sister. "Thanks again for looking after our home."

"I'm always happy to help!" Char smiled at them both. "You need to tell us all about the trip sometime."

"Oh I definitely will, just not now. I'm exhausted." Marjorie rubbed her eyes once again.

"We'll leave you both to rest. See you next week." Autumn said softly before both her and Charlotte left.

Marjorie slowly walked up the stairs and up to their bedroom. She immediately jumped onto their bed and fell asleep. Reece soon entered the room to see his wife already fast asleep

"Sweet dreams, I love you." Reece kissed her gently before falling asleep next to her.

A/N- im gonna sob i love this one so much 🥹