Chapter Ten

Marco's POV

It's so hard to draw something exactly the way you drew it in your head.

Sketchpad on my lap, pencil on my right hand, and a view of the busy hallway in front of my eyes. I was trying to capture the business of Sta. Cornelia National High School, all of that for a performance task in Arts. Well, at least, kaunting backflips na lang, tapos na ako sa Junior High School.

I looked at my drawing for a second, and I was not pleased. So I tore it apart again, piling it up with the crumpled pieces of paper just beside me. I let out a sigh of frustration.

"Palitan ko kaya 'yung idradrawing ko?" I thought.

"Ako nga i-drawing mo," an approaching voice behind me said.

"What are you doing here, Ellie?" I asked her. "Don't you guys have a meeting at the Student Council?"

"Adjourned na meeting namin, mister praning," she said as she sat beside me.

"Eh ano ngang ginagawa mo dito?"

"Bawal ba umupo dito, mister?"

I let in another sigh of frustration.

"'Yang performance task sa Arts lang ba talaga ang kinaiinisan mo?" She continued to ask.

"This isn't my thing," I answered. "More on photography ako."

"That's still nice naman. We aren't good at everything."

I only gave her a poker face. Deep inside, my heart smiled. This girl would make my heart skip every time I saw her. Every time someone mentions her name, I look.

Ellie Zyra Concepcion.

She had fine black hair exceeding her shoulders, and she always liked to braid it. She had beautiful eyes, almost like a vessel of her soul. If she was Medusa, I would be stone already. She was everyone's dream girl. An academic achiever, a student leader, just a jolly girl.

"Puwede namang ako i-drawing mo," she suggested once more.

"Your face would turn out different," I said to her, breaking out a small laugh.

"I don't care, gusto ko lang naman na i-drawing mo ako."

I looked at her for a second. Then positioned myself in front of her, and I started to draw.

She clapped like a little child, and let out a little cute "yay!"

"Huwag mo akong isumpa kapag makikita mo result ha."

"Hindi ako gano'n, hoy."

As I take a look at her every time I put a line on my sketchpad, her smile becomes more and more magical. Her eyes are almost twinkling.

"By the way," she speaks.

"Huwag kang malikot kung ayaw mo ma-ruin drawing mo."

"Gusto ka naming kunin to run for Student Council Assistant Secretary this election."

I stopped drawing.

"Huh? Ba't ako?"

"Come on, Roy, huwag ka nang mag-inarte. Kasama mo naman ako. I'm running for Secretary."

"So basically, gusto mo ako maging assistant?"

She laughed.

"No, silly. I thought na we'd do great as a team."

To be honest, I don't want to run. Pero siya na 'yung nag-iinvite sa akin eh.

"Uhmmm," I uttered while I thought deeply.