Chapter 11

By the time they arrived at The Iele River, Hermione and Draco had cast a reverse spell to take off the Invisibility Spell from their body. Their eyes widened when they saw what was in front of them right now. It was the most enchanted and beguiling place that ever existed in the magical world of Romania. A winding stream that flowed through the heart of primaeval forest and yet its water was unlike any other river, a shimmering intoxicating blend of emerald and blue colour. The riverbed was paved with smooth, red stones that produce an eerie depth of light to the places surrounding The Iele River. The air was filled with the soft whisper of wind through ancient trees and a constant, low hum that soft like a lullaby. That was what the river was named for. The banks were lined with wildflowers of various colours with a sweet scent filling the air. Strange creatures that glowed brightly with gold flickering all around its body dancing above the river. The legend itself said that the river holds the magic that could hide the unknown treasure which was powerful enough for any wizards or witches to get their greedy hands. Those who seek that kind of power will become a terrible demise to the wizarding world. The Iele River was just a tip of an iceberg of another world that hid the treasure within it. As if the creatures recognised Hermione and Professor Old Greybeard, they danced above their heads and formed a bright gold ribbon that led them to the particular spot of the river. Out of the blue, a sinister whirlpool formed, a portal to the river's unknown depth. Wind howled, the playful creatures instantly turned into a banshee's wail, wings flickering fastly and the gold brightened light around its body changed into red eerie light. Dumbledore and Mr. Ogden stepped in front of Hermione and Draco, shielding them from any danger with their wands up, ready to strike a curse and defences. Professor Old Greybeard stood in front of them as calm as a lake, eyes stared straight at the hole, gaping maw in the river's body, seemed to grow larger with each passing moment, its depths were mysterious and terrifying unknown. "What happened?" Mr. Ogden asked in a panic voice, his hand gripping his wand tightly. "They're challenging us. If we know how to prove that we're not a threat to their place and the treasure that was protected under this river", Dumbledore answered him back. Professor Old Greybeard started to sing a song that sounds unfamiliar yet melodious to the others.

A tree I know there stands,

Yggdrasill is its name,

A tall tree, bloomed with flowers

with the heart of the fae queen.

From there's a shine and rise

there will be their queen,

It stands forever and green over

the world.

Apparently, it did the trick to the creature, they finally stopped screaming but dancing playfully above him. "Mithrandir, you're back", a female voice quietly whispered, the creature that wore a fae crown with her wings flickering in a slow pace looking at Professor Old Greybeard with a serene look. "Danzel, are there any wizards that came before us?" Professor Old Greybeard asked her. "We couldn't stop them. They already break-in to our sacred place and they're still inside there", she said in a shaking voice, clutching her hands onto her chest with a worried face. "Tell Helros about this. He'll inform the rest in Avalon to send the army to help you", his voice was stern with a serious looking face. The team step their foot on the staircase that is made of sapphire crystal where they end up in another realm of world that is way too different from the wizarding world. The others were awed with the beauty of the place except Professor Old Greybeard, as if he was already there before. It was a forest but surrounded by the various colours of crystal. Trees, not of wood or bark, but of crystalline structure, reach towards a sky that mirrors their brilliance. Their leaves are facets, catching and refracting sunlight into a kaleidoscope of colours. Each trunk is a prism, splitting white light into its spectral components, casting rainbow-hued shadows upon the crystalline ground. Flowers bloom in hues unknown to our world, their petals iridescent and translucent. There are only the sounds of a gentle tinkling as crystal leaves brush against each other in a nonexistent breeze. The team felt safe although the forest was dark like a nighttime because the light produced from the crystal forest shined the place with the creature that was bright as fireflies were everywhere inside the forest. They approached the team with a curious look, not scared or hiding behind the crystal trees. It was clear to Hermione and Draco that they know who Professor Old Greybeard is because a lot of them approached him with such usual greetings that would be like they're old pal. When they spot Hermione, their tiny voices, like wind chimes in a gentle breeze, fill the air with jubilant cries. Crystal flowers, imbued with golden magic, unfurl their crystals in a vibrant display of welcome. Creatures of the crystal woodland, from mischievous sprites to wise old owls, join in the celebration, their presence adding to the enchanting spectacle. Odd, how could animals like owls live within this forest? Hermione could feel the magic inside this forest suddenly turn calm and pure excitement unlike the minutes ago, it felt sombre and dark.