ꜰɪᴠᴇ

I had taken a moment to collect my thoughts after Andre left, hours went by as I sat on my bed numb to everything. I had no right to take my anger out on Andre, he thought telling me was best but I don't know if I wanted to know that much.

Since I met Brink, he's been there for me in so many different ways. He was a father figure in my life, and to know him as one person then discover he was something else hurt me. I cleaned up my room that was trashed, I got tired after that.

I went to go to bed but I got a text from Jordan reminding me about tonight, I would've bailed but I already promised Jordan. There were also going to be a lot of benefactors tonight which means sponsors which mean money.

I took in a deep breath trying to focus on anything but what happened today as I got ready for tonight. I took a long shower, I wanted to put everything behind me and focus on tonight. I got out the shower walking to my closet to see what I could wear before my eyes spotted a dress.

"This will do." I muttered to myself before setting myself down on my vanity to do my makeup, just because I hated these things doesn't mean I can't look good. I did my make up lightly before pinning some of my hair back letting a few pieces in my face.

I put on my jewellery to match the dress, nothing too fancy before pulling the dress on. It was purple that had black mesh over the top, a slit on my left leg with spaghetti straps. The dress fit perfectly over my body hugging it in the right places.

I slipped on black heels to go with the dress, I looked myself over in the mirror nodding in approval. I looked over my arms not liking the feeling over it being over exposed, I quickly grabbed gloves that matched the dress pulling it up to my elbows.

I picked up my clutch putting my phone inside along with other things I might need before getting ready to leave. I leave the dorm and I walked myself over to the Gala which thankfully was taking place on school grounds.

I made my way over to the Gala already feeling nervous for whatever reason but I pushed it all aside as I made it, seeing a carpet out with photographers. They immediately started snapping their cameras and I pulled myself through, stopping for a few photos before heading inside.

Soon as I got inside a server walks by and I grabbed a glass downing the entire thing in one. If I was going to be here against my own will then I was going to make use of the free alcohol. I looked around and my eyes spotted Marie who was standing with Dean Shetty making me clench my jaw.

As if Marie felt my eyes on her she turns her head offering me a smile but I don't give her one, I was caught up to date with her interview and she had her own ass. I don't know what made me do it but I made my way to her my eyes never leaving her as I got closer.

"Ah, Rory what a pleasure to see you here." Dean Shetty says making me offer her a fake smile.

"Don't think I could've missed this. I just came over to say hi to our Godolkin's Guardian." I said narrowing my eyes looking to Marie who stands there awkwardly, "I'll see you around Moreau." I don't bother waiting for her response as I walked off placing the glass on top of a tray from another server walking by grabbing another champagne glass.

"Seems like you're having a rough night." I hear making me turn to see an older gentleman standing at a table not too far away from me.

"What gave it away?"

"Your cheerful presence." He says smirking lightly making me snort as I looked at him, "I'm Nathan. Nathan Greenwood."

"I'm Rory Lestat."

"I know all about you Rory Lestat."

"I'd be flattered if I gave a fuck." I said making him laugh smiling at me nodding his head slowly.