Chapter 4

"We need to leave in like thirty minutes!" Ariel yelled, "I told you all we should've started getting ready sooner!"

"We know!" Chi-Chi shouted back. She was still trying to choose an outfit for dinner although she had been standing in front of her closet for close to half an hour. "You guys know who will be there. I need to look my best," she continued.

Zahraa sat on the corner of my bed watching the rest of us get ready. She had finished dressing over an hour ago while the rest of us were rushing to get done. I was doing my make-up; Ariel was doing her hair, and Chi-Chi was still deciding what to wear. We were meant to meet up with Skye and Beau before dinner so we could take Skye and my car to the mall. We rushed back and forth between the two dorm rooms next to each other trying to get done in time. I stared in the mirror while doing my make-up and smiled at the thought of making some new friends.

"Hey Zahraa," I said.

"Yeah?"

"Maybe you'll find your husband tonight. I heard one of them is from Dubai," I teased.

Zahraa giggled at the idea, "Only if he's rich."

After another twenty minutes we were all finally done and made our way to the parking lot to meet Skye and Beau. Beau was on her phone filming something.

"Welcome to the day in the life of a first-year college student! Today is the day before the semester officially starts so my friends and I are going out to dinner. We plan to meet another friend group that Chi-Chi met, they also go to this school so I'm super excited! Anyway, I'll update you guys later." Beau continued. She was filming a video for her vlog. It was super popular, and it had thousands of followers. We were all very flattered to be a part of it.

"Skye!" Chi-Chi called from across the parking lot. You could tell she was excited for dinner.

"Hey," Skye called back.

"Anyway, Chi-Chi, please tell us more about the other people we're meeting. You've barely told us any details." Ariel interrupted.

Chi-Chi rolled her eyes before she replied. She hates being interrupted. "Uh... well yeah, I met this guy, Jake at one of my ad shootings and we talked for a while. After talking for so long we found out we all went to the same university, so he invited us for dinner with him and his friends. He's like three years older than us, he's on the baseball team, he's a film major, he's a transfer from Australia...and he's super nice," she explained.

"He sounds cool and all, but I think it's time we all get going," Zahraa reminded us.

We loaded into the two cars and began driving to the mall. We planned to meet at a quaint steakhouse with a beautiful atmosphere.

Once we arrived at the mall, we all made our way to the restaurant entrance. We looked around for Jake and his group for a while. I'm not sure why we were all looking when Chi-Chi was the only one of us that knew what he looked like. Then we saw a group of about four guys walking towards us.

One of them began to speak, "Hey, Chi-Chi! These must be your friends, nice to meet you all! I'm Jake." He was very polite, and we all greeted him back. "These are my friends I told you about, Nadir, Jay and... Ethan."

'No way', I thought. He couldn't have been talking about that Ethan, right? I looked at the four of them closely and realised my suspicion was correct. What was I going to do now?