Chapter 2 ~ Corbin

When my parents told me we were moving I was shocked, I didn't want to move, they didn't ask what me or my sister had to say about it. They just decided "I don't want to move!" my little sister, Eleanor, exclaimed. My parents looked at her with sadness in their eyes when my mom spoke up "Oh but hunny.. we have to, your father got a new job and he can't drive there.." She put a hand on my sister's back as Eleanor started crying. I look at my father whose face was unwavering, he knew it was gonna be hard on us but he knew this was for the best. "How far away is it?" I asked my father looking at him when he responded "A few states away." States?! He expected them to move states away? "Are you insane?! A few states? And you didn't even ask me or Eleanor how we feel about it!" I yelled only to get a harsh glare from my father "Watch your mouth boy. Go pack up. We leave tomorrow" my jaw dropped when my father said that. I scowled and went to my room only to have the scene of empty boxes sitting there, great thing to come back to after your last day of school, they better have not touched any of my stuff.

I finished packing everything and jeez I found things that I forgot existed.. like an old teddy bear, an old painting, and the book I wanted to write before losing it. Jeez maybe I packed my things a little too hard... This prompt should've never seen the light of day.. I sighed and threw away the paper and carried my stuff downstairs to put in the moving truck my father had brought just a few minutes ago. I started loading up the truck and helping everyone put their things and furniture in the truck making sure to be careful with some of the furniture not wanting to break anything.

Once everything was in the truck it was already like 3 am, We decided to hit the road then. We got in the truck and drove to the new house, it was gonna take hours I knew, I didn't want to move... I had my whole life here and my fucking dad just wants to pack everything and move? This is stupid. I have a girlfriend, friends, and my family. I sighed and put my earbuds in and starred out the window, my sister laid on my lap and slept. I smiled softly and put my hand on her head, poor girl was always in-between my parents arguments. They really shouldn't be married but here they are, It's like they want us to suffer. My Dad's never really been there for us like my mom is. I'm tired. I think I'm gonna get some sleep, and hopefully by morning we'll be there. I lay my head on the window and I relax my music playing in my ear as I drift off the sleep.