Chapter 25

Chapter 25: The Affairs

. . .

"LENA!"

Lena started as she heard Val's furious voice just outside their apartment door, and she popped the last couple pieces of popcorn in her mouth and ran, locking her room door. "No!"

"Where do you get your fruit baskets from when you have to apologize to someone?!" Val shouted, coming straight to her room. She pounded on the door. "Oh come on, you're not in trouble. I AM!"

After a moment of silence Lena threw open the door. "For once. It was about time you faced the consequences of your own actions."

Val rolled her eyes. "But where do you get them? I figured I should ask you, since you have plenty of experience."

"That's rude."

"So?"

Lena sighed, flopping down on the couch to resume her show. "From the little flower shop down the street, turn right and there it is on the corner. Make sure to use my number, I have rewards. They're having a sale too."

Val stared. "You have rewards for fruit baskets? And when did you last apologize to someone?"

"I pre-ordered one to Nicho," she sniffled. "I won't be able to make it to the airport to see him off next week, fans and all. So tragic. Who do you need to apologize to? For what?"

"Just K," she said casually, pulling up the shop's website on her phone. "Oh nice, they have curbside pickup and free shipping!"

Of course, Lena didn't let that slide the way Val hoped she would- what was with her bad luck lately? She had to explain everything, and by the time she was done it was too late to send the damn basket and Lena was laughing so hard she had actual tears in her eyes.

"Oh," she sighed, wiping one away. "You don't know how GOOD that makes me feel! He basically just avenged all the people you've wronged in this life."

Val glared and hit her with a pillow. "Shut up!"

The next day, after ignoring a hopeful text from Ni-ki and finally sending off the fruit basket, Val was ready to pass away. She sat around, devoutly continuing to ignore his texts exploding her phone as she waited for the one that wasn't coming.

She was in the middle of gearing up to cry when it finally came.

K:
I got your package.

Valentina_Floreva:
And??

K:
Send me your address

Valentina_Floreva:
But why

K:
Don't make me regret saying yes
Are we doing this or not?

Valentina_Floreva:
WAIT WHAT
OKAY!!!!!!
THANK YOU
I AM FOREVER INDEBTED

K:
Stop it before I take it back.

Valentina_Floreva:
Okay 🥹

Shrieking, Val burrowed her face into a pillow and kicked her feet wildly before jumping up and beginning preparations, shooting K a text to call when he was free later.

She showered, cleaned the whole apartment at the speed of light and was busy dancing to the Neon Trees when she was interrupted by her phone ringing.

She answered it mindlessly. "Hello?"