11. Vampire Queen

Rhaenyra's POV

I am being haunted, or hunted, or both. First there was the massacre, caused by a horrifying, white humanoid creature that oddly resembled the Lady Lyvanna. Though it couldn't have been her, no human is capable of ripping apart so many men... and in such a short amount of time. Lady Lyvanna is nowhere to be found, but one of my handmaidens did find her bloodied dress in one of the corridors, along with strands of her golden hair. She was likely killed by that creature. What it was, how it got here, I do not know, but I've got seventy slain men, and a slain dragon, drained of its blood. To make matters worse, Jace insists he watched Lady Lyvanna transform into said white humanoid creature right before his very eyes. He's crazy, but I am too. Of course, nobody believes us, or at least not until they saw by themselves.

Daemon flew here immediately, but after realizing Jace and I were alright he flew back to Harrenhal. Somebody has to keep it for us, and that's him. Corlys, although still angry with me, came to check on me as well, and while he retreated back to Driftmark with Rhaena and Baela, he sent thirty men to guard the island. Daemon sent another twenty men to the island from the Riverlands. They were kindly supplied by Ser Simon Strong, who has just declared himself my ally. Syrax has lost two children: Arrax and Syriel. Syriel is the dragon that was found by one of Corlys' men lying on the ground, drained of all blood. What is going on?

Some say it's the work of a sorcerer, others say it's a curse. I honestly don't know what to think. I cannot leave this island, because I have nowhere else to go, except perhaps Driftmark, only Corlys does not wish to speak to me. I feel like this whole entire conflict has been put on hold, because of what just happened. My usurping idiot brother has made no moves since Rook's Rest either. I don't know what to do, or how to move forward. This massacre has stumped us all. It's just... truly an absurd thing, and terrifying.

Lyvanna's POV

It had been two weeks since my transformation and arriving at Aenea's house, or shall I say castle. It really is a castle. My hatchling finally has a name, and it is Nightstalker, and yes, he's male. I named him Nightstalker because two nights ago, when I took him flying around, he blended into the night so well I could not see him, only for him to emerge at my side suddenly, with me not having noticed. I think that is his ability, camouflaging, or perhaps even invisibility. Nightstalker was now the size of a small dog, and was by my side almost always. I had sent another letter to my husband, assuring him I was alright, and that I'd be coming back home for good in a bit, to just be patient. 

I spent my days adjusting to vampire life, learning how the sun weakened us, hunting in the woods, and Orlon taught me a few tricks with the sword, and daggers. My poor husband must be desperate, yearning for me, and I yearned for him greatly. I miss him so much. The dressers in my room were now filled, with Aenea and Vaemeera both having lended me dresses they didn't want anymore, and had taken me shopping as well. 

This castle had stonemasons and blacksmiths, all human but aware of our condition, being paid for both: their work and their silence. They knew better than to expose us. I hadn't painted in a while, not having any tools to do so, having busied myself training with Orlon, reading, and tending to Nightstalker. 

"Aenea?" I spoke, knocking on her door.

She opened the door, behind her was Breea, her naked body covered by the sheets of Aenea's bed.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but I will be taking my leave for King's Landing." I announced.

Aenea pulled me inside, making me yelp. "That's a bold decision, dearest, but you know I cannot, and won't, stop you. This is your life after all."