chapter 3

I wondered if this was it, that if you died you "lived" in an etnernal dark place. Because that was the only thing I saw for a long time, just darkness everywhere, but I was still breathing and for a long time I didn't hear anything, but now and then I heard little sounds, like the wind in the trees or branches snapping. It was kind of peaceful, but dark and lonely. I thought you would at least see other people in heaven or whatever you want to call it. But no, I was alone.
Well, I thought I was alone, 'till I heard voices after a while, young voices from boys I guessed, they were far away, but coming closer. Maybe they were angels, I thought. Maybe they would wake me up, or something.

'Look at that,' someone said and running sounds followed.

'What is that?' Another one said, 'it looks like us but at the same time it doesn't.'

'Maybe it's a mermaid.'

'No, stupid, it hasn't a tail.'

'Maybe it's a basilisk.'

'That's snake.'

'No, it isn't, I saw one before.'

The voices kept shouting at each other until the first one who noticed me, said, 'shut up, it's a girl. But why would the shadow leave her here?'

'A girl?' They said together,

'Ewww...' someone said with disgust. 'That doesn't belong here.'

'Maybe it's a new mother.'

'Then the shadow wouldn't drop it here, but bring it directly to the main camp. Think before you speak, dumbhead.'

'Look at the bruises on her legs and her ankle. It's sprained, I think. We need to take her to Gabe. '

'Why doesn't she move? Is she dead?'

Was I dead? I didn't know that anymore. Who were those boys? Angels? Where was I? I decided that maybe I should try to open my eyes, because nothing made sense anymore.

'We should take her to the camp and wait for the others.' Someone suggested, I think it was the one who thought I was a basilisk.

'No,' the first boy said determined, 'finally something excited happens. The older boys only sent us out to search for berries while they go hunting and do fun stuff. We found her, so we take her back to the camp and we decide what happens to her. Come on, boys.' I was pretty sure that he thought of himself as the leader of that group.
When they tried to get me up, I finally could open my eyes and feel the pain that goes through my body, my ribs hurt like hell and my ankle was killing me. They gasped when I tried to stand up, what didn't really work because of that damned ankle.
I sat back down and looked around, I was in a forest and there were 5 boys around me,they were younger than me, maybe between 9 and 12 years old, they all wore abnormal, weird, brownish clothes and their hair was a mess, like they were living in the woods for years . They were all looking shocked at me except one boy, who was also the oldest one, he looked more curious at me.

'You're awake,' he said, 'that makes it easier for us, now we don't need to carry you to the camp, but you can walk. Stand up, and follow us.'

I tried to stand up again, but it was too painful. 'I can't,' I said, 'My ankle hurts like hell.'

'I told you her ankle was sprained,' another boy said and he and a two other boys took my arms and helped me get up. Another discussion           began about if we need to go back or bring someone here and I just stood there trying to ask where the hell I was.

'But can she walk?' The boy who helped me asked.

'I don't know.' The "leader" answered and asked to me directly, 'Can you walk?'