it's just a dream......

The night was thick with darkness, the air cold and still, as if the world held its breath in anticipation of the terror that would unfold. In the middle of the desolate forest, a woman clutched her infant tightly, her every breath labored, her heart racing as she navigated the treacherous terrain. The trees around her loomed like sentinels, their branches swaying ominously in the wind. Every rustle of leaves, every snap of a twig made her flinch, knowing that her pursuers were closing in on her.

She ran, pushing herself beyond her limits, her bare feet pounding against the forest floor, leaving a trail of disturbed earth in her wake. Her lungs burned, and her legs ached, but she dared not stop, for she knew that her child's life—and her own—hung in the balance. The baby in her arms whimpered, sensing the fear that radiated from her, and she held it closer, whispering soft, desperate reassurances that she didn't believe herself.

Behind her, the voices of men grew louder, their laughter cruel and filled with malice. They were toying with her, letting her think she had a chance to escape before they closed in for the kill. She could hear their taunts, their mocking words echoing through the trees, fueling the terror that gnawed at her soul. Tears streamed down her face as she pushed herself harder, faster, her eyes searching frantically for a way out of this nightmare.

But then, suddenly, a voice—cold and sharp as a blade—pierced through the darkness, making her freeze in her tracks. "Stop!" it commanded, and she did, her body trembling with fear as she slowly turned to face the source of the voice.

A figure emerged from the shadows, tall and imposing, his face obscured by the darkness. He stepped closer, and in the dim light of the moon, she could see the cruel smirk on his lips. In his hand, he held a large, gleaming knife, its edge catching the moonlight as he raised it menacingly. But it wasn't the knife that made her blood run cold; it was the sight of her husband, bruised and beaten, held captive by the men who had been chasing her. The knife was pressed against his chest, its sharp point digging into his flesh, drawing a thin line of blood.

"If you don't give me the baby," the man sneered, his voice dripping with malice, "I will kill your husband right here, right now."

The woman’s heart shattered at the sight. Her husband, his eyes filled with pain and desperation, looked at her pleadingly. "Please… don't," he whispered, his voice barely audible, but filled with love and sorrow.

She wanted to scream, to fight, to save them both, but she was trapped, helpless in the face of the man’s cruelty. Her mind raced, trying to think of a way out, but there was none. The reality of her situation crushed her spirit, and with a trembling hand, she held out the baby, her heart breaking as she surrendered her child to save her husband.

But the man was not satisfied with her surrender. His cruel smile widened as he saw her give in, and with a vicious glint in his eyes, he raised the knife high above his head, ready to bring it down on her husband’s heart. "Nooooo!" the woman screamed, her voice filled with anguish as she watched in horror.

The world around her seemed to slow, the sound of her scream echoing endlessly, blending into the darkness. But before the knife could strike, everything dissolved into a void of blackness.

Ruhi woke up with a start, her scream still echoing in her ears. She was drenched in sweat, her heart pounding so loudly she could barely hear herself think. Her hands clutched at the bedsheets, and it took her a moment to realize that she was safe, in her own bed, and not in that terrifying forest.

She gasped for breath, trying to calm her racing heart as she glanced around the dimly lit room. The familiar surroundings of her bedroom slowly grounded her, but the terror of the dream lingered, refusing to let go. She rubbed her eyes, willing herself to forget the horrific images that still flashed in her mind.