𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟟

𝓛𝓾𝓬𝓬𝓲'𝓼 | 𝓗𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓷
𝒜 𝒲𝑒𝑒𝓀 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

With Bryce gone, the family was back to normal. JJ and I weren't beefing, Mani was figuring out a new job and I had started school again.

It had been a couple of days since I seen JJ but I figured I kept missing him or he was with some girl. I wasn't worried because he had just responded in the group chat a couple of days ago and we both had to work tonight, so I knew I would see him at the club. I ain't get a response when I asked if we were riding together, but I thought nothing of it.

I drove myself to the club like usual and Tae met me there. We chatted and went on with the night. Once midnight rolled around, I noticed that Forty hadn't come in yet. It was Friday and it was normal for him to have been here at least an hour ago. I went to check with Kari at the bar to see if I missed him and she said she hadn't seen him.

Whatever, he was allowed to have a life, I guess. Not seeing Forty reminded me that I hadn't seen JJ either. The bouncers almost never came inside the club unless they were called. Once I served all orders, I went to the club's entrance to see if JJ had clocked in.

With a quick scan, I couldn't find him, so I asked one of the other bouncers.

"He not at home?" He questioned

"Nah, I thought he would've pulled up separately. He ain't call out?" I asked

"Hell no. He no called no showed."

"That's weird." I said

The bouncer nodded his head in agreement. JJ was like me when it came to his money. Even if he picked up a good gig at the tattoo shop, I know he would've at least called in.

I remained outside and stepped a little further away so I could hear. I pulled my phone out and called JJ but the phone went straight to voicemail. I could feel my heart beating faster as I tried to call him back to back and it was again met with a voicemail.

I checked his location and it didn't show up. I was worried. I went back into the club and told Marvin that I had to leave early. I didn't care about the money, I told Tae to take it.

"What's wrong?" Tae asked

"JJ is missing. Something's wrong."

"I'm coming with you."

"No, one of us has to make the money, I'd rather it be you. I'm going to call around after I go home first."

"Okay, keep me updated." She nodded

I quickly made my way to my car to get back home. I was hoping that JJ was there and it was just a series of unfortunate events.

When I made it to the house, Emani was there, watching tv.

"Have you seen JJ?"

"No." She shook her head

I sighed and placed my things down. She paused the tv and watched me intently. I began scrolling through my contacts for any of his friends' numbers that I had.

I called each and every one. Whoever didn't answer, I texted immediately. No one had seen him or his car.

"Mara, what's wrong?" Mani asked