Chapter 9: The Heart wants The Heart wants (Dark Cupid)

Terrence POV

Everyone knows what Valentine's Day is. A day where lovers express their love and adoration towards each other in the form of gifts and greetings.

Before class started, I handed out Valentine's Day treats to my classmates, even Chloe, albeit begrudgingly.  Since Marinette and I aren't on the best of terms, I decided to sit next to Casper for the rest of the year.

"Here's a question for you. Why do you think in most fairy tales the prince breaks the spell by kissing the spell?" Ms Bustier asked until Rose raised her hand.

"Rose?"

"Because only love can conquer hate!" Rose said as she swooned over.

Yeah. Stereotypical stuff. I thought, smiling lightly.

"Correct, Rose." Our teacher replied.

Max stood up from his seat. "Technically speaking, this reasoning is only exhibited in about 87% of all fairy tales and-."

"Thank you, Max." Ms Bustier interrupted him with a smile.

I noticed Marinette trying to peek over to see Adrien was writing while Celeste was trying to block her vision. "Adrien, I hope what you're writing has to do with my lesson." she walks over to him.

Marinette gasped as I raised an eyebrow.

"Can you tell me what I just said?"

"That's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate." Adrien recites as the bell rings, signalling the end of class as Marinette sighs in relief, smiling weirdly.

I resisted the urge to gag in disgust.

"Very good, Adrien! Now, everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault tonight, and happy Valentine's day, students!" the teacher leaves the classroom.

Celeste snatched away the paper from Adrien with an embarrassed glare. The blonde pleaded with his adopted sister to not throw it away, only for Celeste to toss the paper in the bin with a triumphant smirk.

"I hate you, Cel." Adrien pouted.

"Love you too, Bro." Celeste teased, ruffling his hair.

As we were about to leave, I looked to see Marinette digging her hand in the bin.

"Marinette, what are you doing?" I asked, causing her to yelp in shock.

"Mind your own business, Terrence!" Marinette retorted.

Terrence, huh? No Terry? Or Big Bro?

Chloe smirks mockingly, spooking the bluenette, who turns around nervously and hides the paper behind her back, "Well, well, Marinette, looking for something to eat?"

"Maybe she's looking for some better clothes!" Sabrina guesses as the two girls laugh.

Marinette attempted to storm over to them, only to trip over her feet and land flat on her face. The two witches cackled while I groaned in embarrassment.

 As they left, I offered Marinette a hand up. My twin scowled and slapped it away.

"I don't need your help, Terrence." She spat and left the classroom.

I frowned after her while Casper held my shoulder. I noticed the crumpled up note and opened it up to read it.

"Your eyes burn brighter than the sun. Your hair is a mysterious, yet beautiful shade of blue.  I lack the courage to admit it, but my heart yearns for you. I dream for a future for you and I, so please will you be my Valentine?"