Your Last First Kiss

Kate was just a normal British teenage girl; her best friend, Em, was a Directioner. Kate pretended not to like One Direction 'cos she wanted Em to feel like it was her own special thing, but deep down Kate couldn't resist. The girls went to college together, Kate studied art & Em studied Literature. They were the best of friends, and they spent every moment out of college together. One morning, Em came running towards Kate with her dark brown hair blowing all over in the wind, screaming.

"Omg Em what's wrong?" Kate asked her,

"Remember that m&g competition for 1D? I WONNNNN!" Em replied, screeching. Kate smiled and gave her friend a hug, and congratulated her for winning. "Aaaand...." Em continued, "You're coming with me!" She yelled, jumping up and down and holding Kate's hands.

"Really? Ah cool..." Kate replied, trying to stay calm.

-

The girls both went to Kate's house after college 'cos it was a Friday. They had to walk back in the pouring rain because neither could drive and they missed the bus.

"I hate the weather here. Nothing good happens in this country." Kate said, wringing her long orange hair in the bathroom. Em laughed,

"Except for meeting One Direction! EEEEK!" She screamed. Every time Em mentioned it Kate got so excited inside, but she couldn't show it. She didn't want Em to know that she loved 1D just the same as she did.

"Alright, calm down about the m&g, they're only a band" Kate said, painfully.

"But they're a PERFECT band" Em replied, "And we're finally gonna meet them! What if they fall in love with us and we live happily ever after..." Kate laughed,

"That stuff only happens in fairytales" she said, but inside she couldn't help thinking to her self {omg, what if they do. What if we meet them and they like us and become our friends...} "It's time for bed now anyway Em, long day tomorrow if you insist we go shop for outfits!" Kate said. The girls got in bed, Em was in Kate's bed and Kate was in a sleeping bag on the floor.

"Night!" Em shouted, and fell asleep almost straight away. Kate lay awake for hours, not able to shake the thought of meeting One Direction. She imagined it in her head, walking in and seeing Harry & Liam & Zayn & Louis & Niall... Niall... {oh wow} Kate thought. She loved Niall, he was her dream.

-

"KATE!" Em screamed, waking her best friend up, "we have to get ready and go, the bus is in an hour!" Kate opened her eyes, the sunlight burning them through the window.

"It's too early" she moaned "why do we have to go buy new outfits?"

"Do you want to look scruffy in front of the biggest boyband in the world?!" Em replied, giving Kate a look. Kate dragged herself up and into the bathroom to brush her teeth. She looked in the mirror at her orange hair and pushed it out of her face. "Bleh," she moaned. Em was excitedly getting her clothes on for the day's shopping trip, red jeans and a plain white t-shirt, with some classic black converse. "Oh c'mon Kate! Look more excited!" She said as Kate walked back in still half asleep.

"Kay" Kate said, pulling out her black skinny jeans and denim shirt from her drawer and throwing them onto her tired body.

-

The girls caught the bus to the shopping centre and started off at the shops nearest the entrance. "I think we should just make our way around, and then we can find the most perfect clothes for meeting the boys!" Em screeched, excited. They shopped around until 1pm, then Kate started to get hungry.

"Em I seriously need food" she said "if I don't eat I'll turn into hulk"

"Ugh, fine, you go get food and I'll keep looking at these dresses!" Em said, sifting through a huge rail of sparkly and expensive dresses "I'll see you later" she smiled. Kate walked out of the shop and across the mall to the food court.