𝟎𝟓𝟖. 𝐚𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

AH, DAD'S DATING
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-eight,
Gilmore Girls — Season Three

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter fifty-eight, Gilmore Girls — Season Three

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟑𝐫𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟑

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

𝐃𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆.

While I'm eighteen-years-old, and fully aware that my dad has dated in the past, it's still strange to see him date, especially when he's at the exact same restaurant as me and Tristan. Yep, that really fancy restaurant that Tristan has been dying to bring me to also has my dad and his date, Nicole── also known as, Taylor's lawyer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my dad is finally getting out there, but I have an odd, unsure feeling about this woman. When I was a kid, Dad was in a relationship with Anna and Rachel, but he's never really been a dating kind of guy.

He's a commitment junkie, and I'm his overly protective eighteen-year-old daughter.

When I was younger, I met the women he was with because I wanted to meet them, but I'm not too sure about Nicole, and I don't know why. Me and Tristan are seated on the other side of the restaurant, far away from Dad and Nicole, but close enough that I can see them clearly.

I keep peering past the menu to sneak glances in their direction, and every time I look over at them, they're laughing. Yes, my dad is funny, but like Jess said the other day, he's not this funny so it's obvious this redheaded woman likes him.

Tristan waves a hand in front of my face. "Blue." I snap my head towards him, smiling like I haven't been glaring at my dad and his date.

"Uh, I'm gonna order..." I look at the menu, and I say the first thing that my eyes catch onto. "...uh, the lobster."

"You hate seafood."

I make a strange noise, but I try to pass it off as a laugh. "W-What, no. I──" I sigh, placing my menu down. "Yeah, I do." Tristan looks at me, a smile tugging on his lips, and I roll my eyes at his amused face. "What?"

"Look, I love you, but you're..." He pauses, obviously trying to find the right words. "...acting a little mad. You knew your dad was going on a date. Why is this a big deal?"

"Because he's over there," I whisper like he can hear me, but he's too far away, and there's about twenty tables separating us. "Seriously, out of all the restaurants in Connecticut, how did he end up here?"