16. The Confrontation

Ayra POV:

Situation.
The game changer.
A very powerful weapon but sadly unrecognised.
People have this tendency to take the credit for everything, even the miracles done by nature for their help, they label them theirs as well.
Everyone is very well familiar with the story of the hare and the tortoise where the tortoise won the race ever after the hare was the fastest among them.
How?
Because the hare slept? Yes.
Because the hare thought too high of himself? Yes this is why he slept.

But what do all these reasons accumulate up to?
A single word.
Situation.

Whatever the hare did was his fault but what helped the tortoise was the situation. Yeah many will say that he was persistent or he didn't give up, he did this because he had a strong will power.
But what would have happened even if he had the willpower or he was persistent and the situation wouldn't have worked for him, the hare wouldn't have slept. Then he still would be a loser.

The same thing happened yesterday when I was locked in the washroom by Aysha with no signal.
But the situation, the weapon no one had thought of, was in my favour.
My friends, being curious about the person I am talking with, didn't end the call, even when I forgot to do so, and mistakenly the call wasn't put on mute.
They heard everything and when the signal went dead, they called someone from the staff telling them that I was locked in the washroom.

Around one and a half hour later they came and I went home early, because I was in no mood to attend the classes or precisely meet anyone.
Curiosity has its pros and cons. Here, when I was saved, that was the pros and right now when the questionnaire has ended and the lecture about how I am a magnet who attracts trouble is going on, this is the con.

"Are you even listening to us?" The annoyance, upon me zoning out of the conversation, lingering in their voice clearly as they brought me back from my thoughts.
I nod wordlessly. Still thinking why out of nowhere she would lock me in the washroom.
"Ayra, you should tell this Bhai, this is going far."
"If you think Bhai will be super angry on you because he will be, just like we are, then tell somebody else."Asmar exclaims
I tch at their rubbish solution, my face clearly at disgust with their mind.
"Riri knows it except for today's incident, she knows everything. I will tell her about today after she comes back."
"Bhai would be so angry if he knew that you didn't go to him when you were in trouble." Asmar sighs.
I picturised Bhai anger and wince at damage I'll have to bear, alone.
"I think she just did that because of the coffee incident." Still thinking whether I am telling the truth or covering up the original thoughts.

They both stare at me, eyes narrowed, brows raised in question, and a how can you say that expression on their face.
"You know what, we still have 5 days till we get there. How about you get a few more meetings like this with her and then come to a conclusion." Elias ends the call right after his outburst.
"He's right this time." With a shake of head disappointingly he hung up the call.

I lean back, relaxing myself, that they are going to call me themselves first. Somewhere I also feel that whatever they say is right and I should tell this to anyone in the home, but I really don't want to drag anyone in this message. Because bullying isn't a one time thing, but I hope it is. Only three days are left to get over half of the punishment and then both of them are gonna be here.
I exit my room with the key card,